Thank you to those who have asked how the Parish and the Parish Priest can be supported in these trying times, as a large majority of income for parishes is via the collection plate. If you are able to help financially, please do.
The Diocesan Finance office have made options available to allow parishioners to support their Parish and Parish priest through this time of not being able to attend Mass. Church income will significantly reduce as a result of the current cessation of public liturgies. We have received the following information and guidance from the Finance Office at Northampton Diocese.
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – The Diocese has set up ‘Giving Tuesday’. On Tuesdays between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can donate to your parish by calling 01604 712065. Should you wish to use this option, you will need your debit or credit card to hand when you call. You can either make a one-off donation to cover your missed Sunday offerings or call each week knowing your offering is going to your parish.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the contactless card collection plate in our Churches in 2021, we are pleased to announce that we now have a website portal for online donations. To access this service, go to the Parish Donations Portal.
- Donation by Post: You may send any donations to the parish, or parish priest (Easter Offering) either dropping through the letterbox in the Presbytery door, or by post to – The Presbytery, Our Lady of Peace Church, Lower Britwell Road, Burnham, Slough SL2 2NL. If you are posting please do not post cash, cheque only. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Our Lady of Peace’.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish or Parish Priest. The information required to make the donation is as follows –
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough or Parish Priest’s Easter offering.
- Standing Order using the form: This is available on our Diocesan website under Diocese > Departments > Finance and then within the Gift Aid paragraph. You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
Start of page. ↑