SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR C)
Go to: Notices | Upcoming Events | Masses & Intentions | Parish Donations Portal | Ways To Donate | Our Facebook Page | Our Youtube Channel
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
WE WELCOMED Bishop Oliver from Maiduguri in Nigeria, on Wednesday, Bishop Oliver celebrated Mass in Honour of Our Lady in Our Lady of Peace, it was lovely to see so many Parishioners attend. Bishop Oliver enjoyed his visit to our Parish and thanked everyone for the warm welcome.
DECEASED There are a number of funerals coming up over the next few weeks. Please pray for the deceased, their family and friends.
- Ken King RIP, his Funeral Service will be on Monday, 1st August at 11.30am in St Andrew’s Church. Ken was a member of the Anglican community, he died in a Nursing Home in Slough where he resided with his wife Anna who was part of our Catholic congregation before moving into the Nursing Home.
- Kathleen Corp RIP, her Requiem Mass will be on Wednesday, 3rd August at 11.00am in Our Lady of Peace Church followed by burial at Slough Cemetery.
- Janina Haynes RIP, her Requiem Mass will be on Thursday, 11th August at 11.00am in Our Lady of Peace Church, followed by Committal at Slough Crematorium.
- John Joseph McAuliffe RIP, his Requiem Mass will be on Friday, 12th August at 11.00am in Our Lady of Peace Church, the burial will take place in Ireland.
- Ann Cronin RIP, no details of her funeral are available currently.
May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
OFFERTORY The collection for 16th July amounted to £630.68. Many thanks for your continued support.
RETIRING COLLECTION we will hold a Retiring collection next weekend, 31st July for the Apostleship of the Sea.
GOING INTO HOSPITAL? If you wish to receive the Sacrament of Holy Communion and Anointing of the Sick before going into Hospital please let us know. A visit can be arranged from Fr Anthony or Fr Marek.
YOUTH GROUP 11+ The Youth Group met last Sunday, they had some great fun playing badminton, cornhole, Oreo challenge, fruit salad and many more games. They also spent some time watching the Youth Alpha course and had some great conversations. A fantastic poster as long as time itself was made (see pictures of this on Our Lady of Peace Facebook page). They hope to use this poster at a Youth Mass to be arranged in September. Thank you to all who came along. If you wish to join the group, Please register your interest for the group, or if you have any queries please contact olopyouth22[AT]gmail.com
PERPETUAL MASS we have received some Perpetual Mass cards, they recommend £7 and £4 for a healing card. These can be purchased from the Sacristy in Our Lady of Peace.
PPC MEETING on Monday, 25th July at 7.30pm in St Andrew’s. Please see the Agenda below. Parishioners are invited to suggest any topics they would like to see discussed at this or future meetings. Please email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org (Note: Planned visit from Diocese Chief Operating Officer – Monday, 18th July (to discuss Church maintenance/repairs and Finance) was postponed due to extreme weather. New date to be agreed).
Minutes of the Parish Pastoral Council meeting, held on 27th June 2022
- Opening prayer and address.
- Review of actions from previous PPC meeting
- Database/communications development update
- Parish event and social
- Dates/Events for the PPC diary
a. Next PPC meeting
b. PPC Formation Training
c. Confirmation date
- Closing prayer
SLOUGH FOODBANK are appealing for more donations, the cost of living crisis has resulted in fewer donations and more clients and they are having to use their funds to buy food themselves to meet the current demand. The following link will take you to a list of items which they need. https://slough.foodbank.org.uk/give-help-2/foodbank-wishlist/
ST GILBERT’S MISSION PROJECT still continue raising funds. Small plastic bottles are available in the Church porches for any loose change you would like to donate to the St Gilbert’s Mission Project. Please return full bottles to Our Lady of Peace.
THE UNIVERSE CATHOLIC WEEKLY have launched our new online newspaper. Order your Digital 4 weeks FREE trial supply by calling Michelle on 0743 661 7650 or email: michelle.jones[AT]universecatholicweekly.co.uk
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will be working in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
PARISH SAFEGUARDING REPRESENTATIVE Máirín Comfort is our Parish Safeguarding Representative. The role of the Parish Safeguarding Officer is to provide support, advice and information on all matters concerning the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in the parish. If you have any queries, please contact Máirín via the Parish office.
COVID There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible. Inside churches we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. For those wishing to maintain social distance the right-hand side aisle (looking at the altar) will be reserved for this purpose. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again. We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
FIRE AND LIGHT Prayer Ministry Team invite you to Our Lady of Peace Church to encounter the Holy Spirit with Praise and worship, Scripture reflection and gentle prayer for all. Tuesday, 26th July at 7.30pm. All welcome.
SCRIPTURAL ROSARY The Rosary Group are meeting in Our Lady of Peace Church to recite a Scriptural Rosary on Tuesday, 26th July at 10.00am. All parishioners are most welcome to attend. Any queries please email Denise on dennymcclintock73[AT]sky.com
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, on Wednesday, 27th July, the topic will be God’s Design for the Family. The Speaker will be Deacon Michael. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
ROSARY GROUP You are invited to a beautiful evening of litany, readings and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, on Wednesday, 27th July, at St. Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
GK CHESTERTON PILGRIMAGE The 12th Annual GK Chesterton Pilgrimage will take place this year on the hundredth anniversary of GKC being received into the Catholic Church, On Saturday, 30th July. Please send any prayer requests to CatholicGKCSociety[AT]yahoo.co.uk or text them to 07795 205114. Details of the many different ways in which you can be involved on the day, as well as printable GKC prayer cards, can be found on our website www.catholicgkchestertonsociety.co.uk. Over the years we have raised over £15,000 for Good Counsel with sponsorship from the Pilgrimage. Donations can be made here, www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gkcwalk22
PILGRIMAGE TO WALSINGHAM The Pilgrimage of Reparation and Prayer for the Sanctity of Life, will be led by Fr David Donaghue of our Diocese; Bishop Philip Egan will be the main celebrant of the midday Pilgrim Mass. Saturday, 6th August 12noon. Please see poster for further details.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
July 23rd – July 31st
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
July 23rd – July 31st
|Saturday 23rd July | SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Eddie Devenish RIP (O’Shea); Anne Gordon RIP (Shiels)
|Sunday 24th July | SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Patty Kelly RIP (Kelly); For newly Confirmed members of our Parish family, Parents, Godparents & Grandparents (Rosary Group); Mable Dias RIP (Lobo);
11.30am St Andrew’s – Susan Chukwudi RIP (Chukwudi); People of the Parish
|Monday 25th July | ST JAMES, Apostle|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Wendy McMahon RIP (Agbaje); Hackney & Hewson (Foundation); Hilda Kryskie Intentions (Florence)
|Tuesday 26th July|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Peggy Boundy & Eleonore Kempson Intentions (Rosary Group); Angela O’Donnell RIP (Birthday Remembrance (O’Donnell)
|Thursday 28th July|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Wiseman (Foundation); Conversion of Indifferent Hearts (Rosary Group); Hugh Wisdom RIP (Heys)
|Friday 29th July|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Suzanne Brown RIP (2nd Anniversary) (Bassey); SCOTUS justices who overturned Roe v Wade (Rosary Group)
|Saturday 30th July | EIGHTEENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – FHC children, Parents, Grandparents, Godparents and Catechists (Rosary Group); Suzanne Brown RIP (2nd Anniversary) (Brown Family)
|Sunday 31st July | EIGHTEENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Con Sugrue Birthday Intentions (Sugrue); Pat Shields RIP (Bowron)
11.30am St Andrew’s – John Oates RIP (Oates); Carmel Karunaratna RIP (Sepala); People of the Parish
LS = Mass livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE