THE MOST HOLY TRINITY (YEAR C)
Go to: Notices | Upcoming Events | Masses & Intentions | Parish Donations Portal | Ways To Donate | Our Facebook Page | Our Youtube Channel
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
FR EDMUND WORTHY RIP we are sad to announce that Fr Edmund (Ed) passed away at his home on Wednesday afternoon, Fr Ed was Parish Priest with us for two years from 2001-2003 before he moved to Wellingborough. Please keep Fr Ed and his family in your prayers. May his soul rest in peace.
DECEASED Please pray for Esme Walker RIP who died last week, her Requiem Mass will be on Monday, 4th July at 10.30am in Our Lady of Peace, followed by Committal at Slough Crematorium. May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
FR ANTHONY will be away from 7th June until 7th July, his absence will be covered by Fr Marek.
OFFERTORY The collection for 5th June amounted to £606.19. The collection for St Andrew’s for weekend 29th May amounted to £297.13. with £60 for the retiring collection for Mass Media. Many thanks for your continued support.
DAY FOR LIFE There will be a Retiring Collection next weekend for Day for Life.
YOUTH GROUP If you are aged 11+ please email olpyouth22[AT]gmail.com to register your interest to join our youth group.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION CHILDREN First Holy Communion Rehearsals will take place in Our Lady of Peace Church this Saturday, 11th June at 11.00am and 12noon. The children are in groups OLP Year 3, Other Schools and OLP Year 4, an email has been sent to all Parents advising you on the time for your group(s). Our children will be receiving the Sacrament on Saturday, 18th June. Please continue to pray for our children so that they will grow in their appreciation of the sacraments of Confession and Holy Communion.
FINANCE COMMITTEE We are pleased to announce the new OLP Finance Committee who were inaugurated last weekend. The Committee will be led by Hadrian Lobo, supported by Lisa Timms, Shelagh Whitehouse, Tony Kakhu, John Power and Brid Vaughan. We look forward to providing them with every support in their ministry.
OUR LADY OF PEACE SUNDAY READERS If you have previously been included in the Reading Rota for 9.30am Sunday Mass, and have recently returned to regular attendance and would like to continue, please speak to Denise after Mass or email her at dennymcclintock73[AT]sky.com New readers are also welcome, please either speak to Denise or send her an email.
ST GILBERT’S MISSION PROJECT still continue raising funds. Small plastic bottles are available in the Church porches for any loose change you would like to donate to the St Gilbert’s Mission Project. Please return full bottles to Our Lady of Peace.
PARISH SAFEGUARDING REPRESENTATIVE Máirín Comfort is our Parish Safeguarding Representative. The role of the Parish Safeguarding Officer is to provide support, advice and information on all matters concerning the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in the parish. If you have any queries, please contact Máirín via the Parish office.
COVID There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible. Inside churches we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. For those wishing to maintain social distance the right-hand side aisle (looking at the altar) will be reserved for this purpose. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again. We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will be working in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT to the Bishop Of Nottingham. Please see poster for more information. For an application pack email: office[AT]dioceseofnottingham.uk Closing date is 4th July.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, on Wednesday, 15th June, the topic will be The Significance of Pentecost. The Speaker will be Mrs Philomena Nortey. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]Tnorthamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
SPIRIT & LIGHT WORSHIP invite you on Friday, 17th June to St Andrew’s Church from 8.00pm to 9.00pm in thanksgiving for grace received. We will adore the Lord Jesus through Scripture, Music and Worship. Please call 07957 594646 for more information.
SCRIPTURAL ROSARY The Rosary Group are meeting in Our Lady of Peace Church to recite a Scriptural Rosary on Tuesday, 21st June at 10.00am. All parishioners are most welcome to attend. Any queries please email Denise on dennymcclintock73[AT]sky.com
ADORATION There will be one hours Adoration on Friday, 24th June from 10.00am – 11.00am.
ADoRE Online spiritual mini-retreat morning 25th June 10.00am-1.00pm “Give us this day our daily bread” – we trust God for our needs. Our special guest speaker is John Trimming, one of the leadership team of House of the Open Door Community in the Cotswolds. Praise & Worship by the HOD team. Starts with Mass at 10.00am and also includes Adoration, Prophetic sharing, Testimony and discussion. Please register for the Zoom meeting in advance at bit.ly/ADOREJUN2022
NYMO YOUNG ADULTS BRUNCH Join in London for the annual Martyr’s Walk. 26th June – 2.15pm at St Giles in the Field, London (Nearest station: Tottenham Court Road, Central Line). Free to attend, over 18’s. Visit nymo.org/brunch for more info.
ROSARY GROUP You are invited to a beautiful evening of litany, readings and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, on Wednesday 29th June, at St Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
24 HOURS ADORATION Parishioners are asked to join in the 24 Hour Adoration starting First Friday, 1st July after Mass at 9.30am and ending with Benediction and Mass at 9.30am on First Saturday, 2nd July. Please add your name to the rota on the Lectern.
MISSION NORTHAMPTON – EMMAUS RETREAT On the 2nd and 3rd July, Mission Northampton are hosting a two-day, non-residential retreat in Slough. The cost for the weekend is £35.00 and the venue is :- The Crypt, St. Anthony’s Parish, Farnham Road, Slough, SL2 3AE. Please follow this link for information and booking details. :- A Weekend Journey to Emmaus July 2022 (Slough) | Northampton Diocese (Ctrl+Click) Or email:- office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org
DIVINE ADORATION You are invited to another beautiful evening of Eucharistic Adoration, including praise and worship and prayer ministry, at St Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, on Saturday 9th July, at 7.00pm. A date for your diary. Everyone is welcome. Please invite your friends and family.
NYMO SUMMER CAMP This year the Camp takes place from 24th-28th July at Alton Castle in Staffordshire. With the option to camp this year you can either bring a tent or book a dorm! Prices start at £225, please check the website for all the options. The cost includes all activities, food, a full day at Alton Towers and another mystery day trip! For more information and to book a place please email beccy[AT]nymo.org or log on to nymo.org/summercamp
ESCORTED PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE, IRELAND, 25th July 2022. £699.00 per person sharing. Price includes flight from Luton or Stansted with 10kg hand luggage, all transfers, 4 nights’ in Knock House Hotel with full board. All entertainment and excursions included. Day trips to Westport, Ballintubber Abbey, Croagh Patrick, Fr. Peyton Centre & National Museum. Single supplement £100.00. Contact Patricia on 01268 762 278 or 07740 175557 or email knockpilgrimages[AT]gmail.com. Knock Pilgrimages is fully protected by ATOL T7613.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
June 11th – June 19th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
June 11th – June 19th
|Saturday 11th June | THE MOST HOLY TRINITY|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Winnie Sands RIP (Boundy); FHC children, Parents, Grandparents, Godparents & Catechists (Rosary Group)
|Sunday 12th June | THE MOST HOLY TRINITY|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Demetrio Macri RIP (Family); Henryk Pelka RIP (Pelka); Sisters of St Paul’s Intentions (Gatt)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Nora O’Donovan RIP (O’Donnell); People of the Parish
|Monday 13th June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Conversion of hearts of Indifferent Countries (Rosary Group); Souls of Purgatory (Foundation); Thanksgiving for Lucas (Zeena & Family)
|Tuesday 14th June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Barry (Foundation); Donal Murphy RIP (Shiels); Noleen Harvey Intentions (Florence)
|Thursday 16th June|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Bignell (Foundation); St Lazarus Devasahayam Pray for us (Rosary Group)
|Friday 17th June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Constance Marguerite Mann (Foundation); Laurence Brennan RIP (Birthday Remb.) (Baker)
|Saturday 18th June | THE MOST HOLY BODY & BLOOD OF CHRIST|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Fr Edmund Worthy RIP (Batt)
|Sunday 19th June | THE MOST HOLY BODY & BLOOD OF CHRIST|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Susan Chukwudi RIP (Chukwudi); Anne Gurrie RIP (Family)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Mark Barker RIP (Rodrigues); People of the Parish
LS = Mass livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE