SEVENTH SUNDAY OF EASTER (YEAR C)
- View/download the printed newsletter
- Youth Survey (PDF) Calling all youths 11+, we would love to hear from you about starting up a Youth Group for OLP Parish – please complete the linked survey and email back to olpyouth22[AT]gmail.com.
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
WE WELCOME Fr Vincent Oates MHM, who is helping us this weekend with our Masses.
MASS CHANGE Please note there will be no 9.30am Mass on Monday, 30th May in Our Lady of Peace, Mass will be at 7.00pm.
CONGRATULATIONS to Ramira and Mohit who are to be Married on Saturday, 4th June in Our Lady of Peace. We wish them every happiness in their Married life.
PENTECOST Novena Prayer on Thursday, 2nd June in Our Lady of Peace at 7.30pm.
OFFERTORY The collection for 22nd May amounted to £784.38. Many thanks for your continued support.
MASS MEDIA there will be a retiring collection this weekend for World Communications Day (Mass Media).
QUEEN’S JUBILEE FUN DAY 3rd June, 2pm – 8pm, St Andrew’s Shared Church garden. Free entry. Bring & Share combined with a cash bar & BBQ. 1950’s themed fancy dress. Bake-a-cake competition – prize for best decorated. Open mic, karaoke, bingo, raffle, music and dancing. Join us for fun filled day. Free entry. Let’s celebrate. If you would like to donate any items for the Fun Day raffle hampers, please see the list below. We would be delighted to receive them! Items should be handed into the Parish office by 29th May. Bottles of wine (or similar), Soft drinks, Biscuits, Chocolates, Toiletries.
ALLERGENS Please be mindful if providing food on 3rd June at the Fun Day The 14 allergens are: celery, cereals containing gluten (such as barley and oats), crustaceans (such as prawns, crabs and lobsters), eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs (such as mussels and oysters), mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites (if the sulphur dioxide and sulphites are at a concentration of more than ten parts per million) and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts). This also applies to additives, processing aids and any other substances which are present in the final product.
PARISH SAFEGUARDING REPRESENTATIVE Máirín Comfort is our Parish Safeguarding Representative. The role of the Parish Safeguarding Officer is to provide support, advice and information on all matters concerning the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in the parish. If you have any queries, please contact Máirín via the Parish office.
COVID There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible. Inside churches we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. For those wishing to maintain social distance the right-hand side aisle (looking at the altar) will be reserved for this purpose. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again. We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will be working in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Shaggy Calf Lane, Slough, SL2 5HW. Tel: 01753 524713. An equal opportunities employer. Required for September 2022:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PART TIME). 22.5 hours per week, Wednesday – Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm with half an hour lunch (unpaid). Term time + 9 days Insets/school closure. STCAT L4 Point 13 – Actual Salary £12,891 (FTE £23,469). Please see website for full advert and an application form at: www.st-josephs.slough.sch.uk
ST JOSEPH’S SCHOOL : PREMISES ASSISTANT Start date 5th July 2022. We are looking for a Premises Assistant to join us ASAP: Monday – Thursday 11.00am -7.00pm and Friday 11.00am – 6.30pm with half an hour break (unpaid). Salary STCAT L4 Point 12 – £23,028 – full time (37 hours per week) all year round with 30 days annual leave to be taken during school closure. Please see our website at www.st-josephs.slough.sch.uk for more details and an application pack. School visits are welcome.
BAPTISM ZOOM MEETING will be held on Tuesday, 31st May at 6.00pm. This is for first time parents who wish their child to receive the Sacrament of Baptism over the next few months. To register please email Yvonne on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org.
FIRE AND LIGHT The prayer ministry team have decided not to meet on Tuesday, 31st May. Instead we will be with the rest of the Parish for the Pentecost service on Thursday, 2nd June at 7.30pm at Our Lady of Peace. We will offer prayer for individuals after the service.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks,on Wednesday, 1st June, the topic will be Pentecost Experience. The Speaker will be Bro Bade. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
MISSION NORTHAMPTON – EMMAUS RETREAT On the 2nd and 3rd July, Mission Northampton are hosting a two-day, non-residential retreat in Slough. The cost for the weekend is £35.00 and the venue is :- The Crypt, St. Anthony’s Parish, Farnham Road, Slough, SL2 3AE. Please follow this link for information and booking details. :- A Weekend Journey to Emmaus July 2022 (Slough) | Northampton Diocese (Ctrl+Click) Or email:- office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org
CATHOLIC DISABILITY Fellowship Mass on Sunday, 5th June, 3.00pm at Our Lady of Christians, Castle St, Luton LU1 3AG. For people with disabilities (young or old), their families and friends. Refreshments afterwards. Any questions, please contact Sean Ballantyne on 07930 305362.
QUEEN’S JUBILEE FUN DAY 3rd June, 2pm – 8pm, St Andrew’s Shared Church garden. Free entry. Bring & Share combined with a cash bar & BBQ. 1950’s themed fancy dress. Bake-a-cake competition – prize for best decorated. Open mic, karaoke, bingo, raffle, music and dancing. Join us for fun filled day. Free entry. Let’s celebrate. If you would like to donate any items for the Fun Day raffle hampers, please see the list below. We would be delighted to receive them! Items should be handed into the Parish office by 29th May: Bottles of wine (or similar), Soft drinks, Biscuits, Chocolates, Toiletries.
NYMO SUMMER CAMP This year the Camp takes place from 24th-28th July at Alton Castle in Staffordshire. With the option to camp this year you can either bring a tent or book a dorm! Prices start at £225, please check the website for all the options. The cost includes all activities, food, a full day at Alton Towers and another mystery day trip! For more information and to book a place please email beccy[AT]nymo.org or log on to nymo.org/summercamp
ESCORTED PILGRIMAGE TO KNOCK SHRINE, IRELAND, 25th July 2022. £699.00 per person sharing. Price includes flight from Luton or Stansted with 10kg hand luggage, all transfers, 4 nights’ in Knock House Hotel with full board. All entertainment and excursions included. Day trips to Westport, Ballintubber Abbey, Croagh Patrick, Fr. Peyton Centre & National Museum. Single supplement £100.00. Contact Patricia on 01268 762 278 or 07740 175557 or email knockpilgrimages[AT]gmail.com. Knock Pilgrimages is fully protected by ATOL T7613.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
May 28th – June 5th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
May 28th – June 5th
|Saturday 28th May | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF EASTER|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Deceased members of Abbi, Sood, Fernandes & Puthampurakkal families (Fernandes)
|Sunday 29th May | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF EASTER|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Demetrio Macri RIP (Family); Marisa Hancock RIP (Boundy); Chris Davis Intentions (Brid)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Patsy M. Birthday Intentions (Shiels); People of the Parish
|Monday 30th May|
N.B. No 9.30am Mass today.
7.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Forgotten Souls of Migrants 2022 (Rosary Group); Ministers of Holy Communion (McCabe)
|Tuesday 31st May | THE VISITATION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Thanksgiving Wedding Anniv (Kuthokathen); Simpson (Foundation)
|Thursday 2nd June|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Lewis Intentions (Grandparents); Chris & Jess Jenkins Intentions (Jenkins)
7.30pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Pentecost service
|Friday 3rd June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Little Star Hobson (Rosary Group); Bartley Coyne RIP (Rosary Group)
|Saturday 4th June | PENTECOST|
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Forgotten Souls in Mediterranean Sea and Channel (Rosary Group); Maureen Leppard RIP (Crouch)
|Sunday 5th June | PENTECOST|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – For newly Confirmed members of our Parish family, Parents, Godparents & Grandparents (Rosary Group); Thanksgiving to Holy Spirit (Kuthokathen); Bridie O’Connor Int. (Mairin & Brid)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Molly Curran RIP (O’Donnell); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE