THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER (YEAR C)
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
FR ANTHONY AND FR MAREK thank you for your Easter offering and for all the gifts and kindness shown to them in their first Easter in the Parish! They feel blessed to be part of a very special Parish. May God bless you all. Thank you again.
THANKS to all who came to clean the Church before our Easter celebrations, and to the flower ladies for the beautiful display of flowers in the Church.
MASS CHANGES Please note Mass on Monday, 2nd May will be at 10.00am, and Mass on Friday, 6th May will be at 7.00pm, there will be no 9.30am Mass on that day.
DECEASED Please pray for Heinrich Albisser RIP who died recently, his Funeral will be on Tuesday, 3rd May at 2.30pm at Slough Crematorium. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
PRIESTS’ TRAINING FUND There will be a retiring collection next weekend for Priests’ Training Fund.
MISSION WITNESS: ‘RED BOX’ THANK YOU AND APPEAL Fr Kevin Hughes MHM wishes to thank everyone in the Parish for their welcome last weekend. If you did not get a chance to take a Red Box and you wish to do so, or you would like to find out more about Missio and the Mill Hill Missionaries, please speak to John Barry, our local Secretary for the Red Boxes. You can also find more information or set up a Direct Debit online at missio.org.uk/about-apf
GIFT AID OFFERTORY ENVELOPES If in previous years you used envelopes, the new envelopes from April 2022 have been distributed. If you are currently not able to attend Mass to return your envelope please drop through the Presbytery door (only if safe for you to go out). If you are a UK taxpayer, you could add 25p to every £1 that you give to your Parish (at no cost to yourself) through Gift Aid. If you would like to make your offering via a Standing Order, you can set up a standing order for donations to the parish using either your online bank account or in branch. The information you require to make this donation is as follows: Bank: NatWest. Sort Code; 60-06-11. Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace. Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough. Or through this link: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf Please contact Yvonne if you require any further information or wish to request for offertory envelopes on 01628 605764 or email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org
PARISH SAFEGUARDING REPRESENTATIVE We would like to welcome Máirín Comfort as our new Parish Safeguarding Representative. The role of the Parish Safeguarding Officer is to provide support, advice and information on all matters concerning the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in the parish. If you have any queries, please contact Máirín via the Parish office.
HEALING GARDEN : NORTHAMPTON CATHEDRAL The Healing Garden is a new initiative for our Diocese and they would like to invite you to the ‘Open Day’ on Sunday, 15th May. They hope to be joined by many people on the day, including Clergy, parishioners, and hopefully greeting people from outside of our faith community also. The event commences at 3.00pm and will start with a service which Bishop David will be part of. The remaining of the time (likely to be until 5.00pm) will include refreshments, time for gathering and sharing and provide an opportunity for 8 charities and organisations to promote the good work that they do in supporting those who have been harmed by abuse, both related to the Church and external. Please see the new webpage on the Diocesan website to promote the development of the garden https://northamptondiocese.org/healing-garden/
CRISIS IN UKRAINE Please keep all those affected by this conflict in your prayers.
Loving God, we pray for the people of Ukraine, for all those suffering or afraid, that you will be close to them and protect them. We pray for world leaders, for compassion, strength and wisdom to guide their choices. We pray for the world that in this moment of crisis, we may reach out in solidarity to our brothers and sisters in need. May we walk in your ways so that peace and justice become a reality for the people of Ukraine and for all the world. Amen
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will be working in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
COVID There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible. Inside churches we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. For those wishing to maintain social distance the right-hand side aisle (looking at the altar) will be reserved for this purpose. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again. We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, on Wednesday, 4th May, the topic will be The Power of the Resurrection part 2, the Speaker will be Rev Martin. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
24 HOURS ADORATION Parishioners are asked to join in the 24 Hour Adoration starting First Friday, 6th May at 9.30am and ending with Benediction and Mass at 10.00am on First Saturday, 7th May. Please add your name to the rota on the Lectern.
CONFIRMATION For those registered on the Confirmation programme, the second session will be on Thursday, 12th May at 6.30pm in St Andrew’s.
MASS FOR THE SICK will be on Saturday May 14th at 2.00pm in St Andrew’s.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
April 30th – May 8th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
April 30th – May 8th
|Saturday 30th April|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Special Intention (P & C); Yvonne & Des Int. (Gatt)
|Sunday 1st May | THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – For Confirmed members of our Parish family, Parents, Godparents & Grandparents (Rosary Group); Isabella McGlynn RIP (Family); Sue & Jan Jones RIP (Jones)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Fr Nathaniel & Fr Chris Intentions (Gatt);
People of the Parish
|Monday 2nd May|
10.00am Our Lady of Peace LS – P & C Intentions & Ann Shiels Intentions (Gatt); Harry Turley RIP (Maguire)
|Tuesday 3rd May | SS PHILIP & JAMES, Apostles|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Zoltan Torok RIP (Kuthokathen); Gerald Antao RIP (Fernandes)
|Thursday 5th May|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Lewis Intentions (Grandparents); Stella Bone RIP (Long)
|Friday 6th May|
N.B. No 9.30am Mass today.
7.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Teresa Bassey RIP (Kuthokathen); Adrian Frank Intentions (Gatt)
24 Hours’ Adoration (at Our Lady of Peace)
|Saturday 7th May|
10.00am Our Lady of Peace LS – Benediction and Mass
|Saturday 7th May | FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Gerry Spellman RIP (Conroy); Marek Int (Gatt)
|Sunday 8th May | FOURTH SUNDAY OF EASTER|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS– Mary Lawlor RIP (10th Anniversary) (Goldberg); Alan Wilder RIP (Clark); London & Slough Run (Rosary Group)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Rosaleen Quinn & Family Intentions (Ryan); Ronald Bongi Nkabinde RIP (McGarry); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE