PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION (YEAR C)
- Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ for Palm Sunday – Mass booklet, follow via the livestream.
- Maundy Thursday – Mass booklet
- Good Friday – booklet
- Easter Vigil (Saturday night) – Mass booklet
- Easter Sunday Mass – Mass booklet
- View/download the printed newsletter
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
MASS CHANGES Please note the following Mass changes. There will be no 9.30am Mass on Tuesday, 12th April, and no 9.30am Mass on Thursday, 14th April, Mass on Thursday will be at 8.00pm.
DECEASED We have a number of funerals over the next few weeks. Please pray for:
- Rita Almeida RIP who died recently, her Requiem Mass will be on Monday, 11th April at 1.15pm in Our Lady of Peace, followed by burial at Slough Cemetery.
- Fr Patrick (Pat) Bailey RIP, Priest of our Diocese, who died recently. Fr Pat’s body will be received into Our Lady of Peace at 6.30pm on Monday, 11th April, and his Requiem Mass will be on Tuesday, 12th April at 12.30pm, followed by cremation at Slough Crematorium.
- Heinrich Albisser RIP who died recently, his Funeral will be on Tuesday, 3rd May at 2.30pm at Slough Crematorium May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
CONFESSIONS OVER EASTER Fr Anthony and Fr Marek will be available for Confessions during Holy Week, please call the office to arrange.
EASTER FLOWERS There will be a retiring collection in Our Lady of Peace for the flowers at Easter this weekend. Please be as generous as you can.
PALM SUNDAY AND EASTER TRIDUUM SERVICES FOR OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S CHURCHES
|9th April||Vigil for Palm Sunday||6:00pm||OLP|
|10th April||Palm Sunday||9:30am||OLP|
|10th April||Palm Sunday||11:30am||St Andrew’s|
|14th April||Maundy Thursday||8:00pm||OLP|
|15th April||Good Friday||3:00pm||OLP|
|15th April||Good Friday||3:00pm||St Andrew’s|
|16th April||Saturday Vigil||8:00pm||OLP|
|17th April||Easter Sunday||9:30pm||OLP|
|17th April||Easter Sunday||11:30pm||St Andrew’s|
EASTER OFFERING Your Easter offering is your personal gift to your Parish Priest. There will be a retiring collection held on Holy Thursday for the work of the poor, and on Good Friday for the Holy Land Places. You can make your Easter offerings using the online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through InvestMyCommunity (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to i.e. Easter offering. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/
CONFIRMATION 2022 Final enrolments for the Confirmation programme which starts on 28th April. This year we have refreshed our programme, and are excited to engage and inspire our candidates with the new format. Bishop David will be celebrating the Confirmation Mass in October.
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP with washing the Altar Servers Albs in time for Easter. With a few volunteers it will mean only a couple of Albs each! Please speak to Denise.
CHURCH CLEANING FOR EASTER If you can spare an hour or two to help clean the Church for Easter please come along on Saturday, 16th April from 9.00am. Hot cross buns and tea/coffee provided!
TWO WEEK NEWSLETTER Next week’s newsletter will be for two weeks, then back to weekly from the weekend 8th May 2022, the deadline for notices will be Thursday, 14th April by 12noon. Please email notices to Yvonne on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or drop in the Presbytery door.
300 CLUB The St Andrew’s 300 Club Spring draw took place during the Catholic Women’s League meeting last week and the winners are:
- 1st Prize #61, Noreen Sugrue wins £60.
- 2nd Prize #87, Michael Sugrue wins £40.
- 3rd Prize #25, Annie Ryan wins £25.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION For the weekend 3rd April amounted to £732.22. Donations from the contactless digital collection plate for March amounted to £340.43. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
MY DAY BY DAY Infant and Junior books for Easter are available in the Church porches. £1 each.
DIOCESAN DIRECTORIES available in the Church porches, £5 each.
CRISIS IN UKRAINE Please keep all those affected by this conflict in your prayers.
Loving God, we pray for the people of Ukraine, for all those suffering or afraid, that you will be close to them and protect them. We pray for world leaders, for compassion, strength and wisdom to guide their choices. We pray for the world that in this moment of crisis, we may reach out in solidarity to our brothers and sisters in need. May we walk in your ways so that peace and justice become a reality for the people of Ukraine and for all the world. Amen
CARITAS thought it would be helpful to give you an overview of Caritas’s activity regarding the situation in Ukraine as we strive to support those in Ukraine who may want to come to the Diocese, and our parishioners who would like to help in some way. They have created, and will continue to maintain, a page on the Diocesan website in relation to the Diocesan guidelines and support for the people of Ukraine. If anyone would be interested, or who would like to learn more, about how they can help Ukraine, to get in touch with us here at the Caritas office on https://northamptondiocese.org/ukraine/ or call 01604 434362 so that we can start to build a list of possible hosts and support groups in readiness and answer any questions you may have.
PARISH OFFICE In line with Government changes and Diocesan guidelines, Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will work from home two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, and will be working in the office on Mondays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
COVID There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible. Inside churches we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. For those wishing to maintain social distance the right-hand side aisle (looking at the altar) will be reserved for this purpose. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again. We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, on Wednesday, 13th April the topic will be Lectio Divina and Reflections, preceded by the Stations of the Cross, the Speaker will be Sis Natty. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
CHURCH CLEANING FOR EASTER If you can spare an hour or two to help clean the Church for Easter please come along on Saturday, 16th April from 9.00am. Hot cross buns and tea/coffee provided!!
SPIRIT & LIGHT WORSHIP invite you on Friday, 22nd April to St Andrew’s Church from 8.00pm to 9.00pm in thanksgiving for grace received. We will adore the Lord Jesus through Scripture, Music and Worship. Please call 07957 594646 for more information.
PILGRIMAGE to Our Lady’s Shrine, Banneux, Belgium, for the 89th anniversary of the Apparitions and for the Feast of the Assumption, 11th -17th August 2022. A coach will leave from St. Edmund Campion Church, Maidenhead SL6 4PY.
Accommodation and full board (including travel and excursions): staying at the Hospitalité is £400. (Single room supplement +£60). The Hospitalité is very spacious and can accommodate all pilgrims, especially those who are sick, disabled or elderly. It also includes a full catering and medical staff. Fr. Liam Cummins (St Edmund Campion Parish) will be the Spiritual Director for this pilgrimage and has been going to Banneux since 1996.
If you are interested and you would like more information or to reserve a place before June 30th, please contact Lisa Pirie, pilgrimage director, on 07500 288384; firstname.lastname@example.org or Father Liam, on 07776 580596 (email him on lcummins[AT]portsmouthdiocese.org.uk ). Goggle ‘Our Lady’s Shrine, Banneux’, for history and more detail. The GB pilgrimage has been going for 60 years and it looks like this will be the last official trip from England, so get on board!
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
April 9th – April 17th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
April 9th – April 17th
|Saturday 9th April | PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Frank & Margery Christian (O’Donnell); Dr Michael Gompertz RIP (Gompertz); Davies family RIP (Stewart);
|Sunday 10th April | PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION|
Mass Readings (Year C)
Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ for Palm Sunday – text for you to follow online via live streaming of the Mass.
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Joan O’Keefe & Nora Conroy RIP (Conroy); Sir David Amess RIP (Rosary Group)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Fr Anthony & Fr Marek Intentions; People of the Parish
|Monday 11th April|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Families trapped in Poland/Belarus (Rosary Group); Andrew Int (Gawlik); Gerald Antao RIP (Kerry & Ryan); McCann Family Intentions (O’Donnell)
1.15pm Our Lady of Peace – Requiem Mass for Rita Almeida RIP
|Tuesday 12th April|
N.B. No 9.30am Mass at Our Lady of Peace today
12.30pm Our Lady of Peace – Requiem Mass for Fr Patrick (Pat) Bailey RIP
|Thursday 14th April | MAUNDY THURSDAY|
N.B. No 9.30am Mass at St Andrew’s today
8.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper | Mass booklet
|Friday 15th April | GOOD FRIDAY|
Mass Readings (Passion of The Lord’s Supper)
10.00am St Andrew’s – Ecumenical Service
3.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Good Friday Passion of the Lord | Mass booklet
3.00pm St Andrew’s – Good Friday Passion of the Lord
|Saturday 16th April | HOLY SATURDAY|
EASTER VIGIL OF THE LORD’S RESURRECTION
Mass Readings (Easter Vigil)
8.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Allen Kuthokathen Intentions (Kuthokathen); Margaret Lawrence RIP (O’Shea) | Mass booklet
|Sunday 17th April | EASTER SUNDAY|
Mass Readings (Mass of the Day)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Mary McMorrow RIP (Goldberg); Angela O’Donnell RIP (O’Donnell)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Special Intentions (Flynn); John Pace RIP (Family); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE