FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT (YEAR C)
Parish Synod feedback:
- Parish Synod Summary – (6 pages) as a PDF or view on Google Drive
- Parish Synod feedback document – (16 pages) as a PDF or view on Google Drive
Parish Priest: Fr Anthony Dampson
Assistant Priest: Fr Marek Balawender
WELCOME We extend a very warm welcome to Fr Anthony Dampson SMA and Fr Marek Balawender SMA as they take up their new roles in the Parish, and we look forward to working together with them. We offer them both every support as they settle into life at Our Lady of Peace, working with both Churches as a welcoming, active and inclusive community, united in fulfilling our mission across all aspects of Parish life. Please keep them both in your prayers.
FR JOSEPH As we said goodbye to Fr Joseph last weekend, we did not have much time to organise a parting gift and therefore a retiring collection will be made for him this weekend for those who have not yet had an opportunity to contribute. A cheque from Our Lady of Peace will be sent to him afterwards with a thank you card from the Parish. Thank you in advance for your kind generosity as always.
SUPPORTING OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE UKRAINE In association with The London and Slough Run (LASR) we are appealing to the people of our Parish for urgent donations of items for the people of the Ukraine. The items will be collected by the LASR team who will deliver to pick-up points in Amersham and Bedford for transportation. The list is very specific and it is important we keep to it to ensure that valuable transport space is used only for things that are critically needed. Our thanks to this wonderful Parish who are always so supportive of those in need and we pray for an end to this terrible conflict and for peace all over the world.
(Items marked * are deemed extremely urgent)
- *Disposable nappies (Pampers or similar)
- *Medical supplies
- *Bandages Toiletries (of all kinds)
- Women’s personal hygiene items
- Sleeping bags
- Baby clothes (please try for new clothes if possible)
- Baby food Blankets
Please note: no clothes at present unless new. For the first collection from OLP Parish, please place your contributions in the collection points in Our Lady of Peace and St Andrew’s. Thank you once again.
CRISIS IN UKRAINE Please keep all those affected by this conflict in your prayers.
Loving God, we pray for the people of Ukraine, for all those suffering or afraid, that you will be close to them and protect them. We pray for world leaders, for compassion, strength and wisdom to guide their choices. We pray for the world that in this moment of crisis, we may reach out in solidarity to our brothers and sisters in need. May we walk in your ways so that peace and justice become a reality for the people of Ukraine and for all the world. Amen
EASTER FLOWERS There will be a retiring collection for the flowers at Easter next weekend. Please be as generous as you can.
WE WELCOME the children from Year Band 3 to our 9.30am Mass on Tuesday, 22nd March.
DECEASED Please pray for John Pace RIP who died recently, his Funeral Service will be on Tuesday, 29th March at 12noon in Our Lady of Peace, followed by burial at Slough Cemetery. Please pray for Rita Almeida RIP who died recently, her Requiem Mass will be on Monday, 11th April at 1.15pm in Our Lady of Peace, followed by burial at Slough Cemetery. Also please pray for Ronald Kavinda RIP who died suddenly last week. May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION For the weekend 20th March amounted to £692.63. Donations from the contactless digital collection plate amounted to £24.55. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS will be celebrated during Lent as follows :
- Each Sunday after 11.30am Mass in St Andrew’s.
- Each Monday in Our Lady of Peace from 7.00pm to 8.00pm during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- 7.30pm Every Friday/ During Lent each Thursday in St Andrew’s Church, Seven Words, from 10.00am to 10.15am.
RETIRING COLLECTION FOR THE POOR will be taken after Stations of the Cross.
DIOCESAN DIRECTORIES available in the Church porches, £5 each.
ST ANDREW’S CAR PARK Important message for car users at St Andrews – Starting on Monday, 28th March, on weekdays between 7.00am and 6.00pm you will only be able to park in the spaces facing the Church, and if disabled in the spaces at the front of the Church. In the evenings and at weekends there are no restrictions, you may park anywhere in the car park. This is because Feltham Construction have hired the 15 spaces in front of the Mart and facing Washington Drive during working hours. It will provide much needed funds to the CSCT without which we could not survive the loss of funds due to Covid.
PARISH OFFICE In line with Government changes and Diocesan guidelines, Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will work from home two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, and will be working in the office on Mondays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
FIRE AND LIGHT PRAYER MINISTRY TEAM Invite you to Our Lady of Peace Church to encounter the Holy Spirit with Praise and worship, Scripture reflection and gentle prayer for all. Tuesday, 29th March at 7.30pm LINK https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78315803791?pwd=eTFhUGNVMVI2R1hkeVVTMHQvcVVjZz09 meeting ID:783 1580 3791 Password Jesus. Text 07586 545850 for prayer requests.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, on Wednesday, 30th March the topic will be Lectio Divina and Reflections, preceded by the Stations of the Cross, the Speaker will be Anthony Kaku. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
ROSARY GROUP You are invited to a beautiful evening of litany, readings and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, on Wednesday, 30th March, at St. Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
24 HOURS ADORATION (At Our Lady of Peace) Parishioners are asked to join in the 24 Hour Adoration starting First Friday, 1st April after Mass at 9.30am and ending with Benediction and Mass at 10.00am on First Saturday, 2nd April. Please add your name to the rota on the Lectern.
NYMO YOUNG ADULTS BRUNCH April 9th 2022, 11.30am-1.30pm at NYMO Offices in Luton, LU4 8JD. Free to attend, over 18’s. Visit nymo.org/brunch for more info.
NOURISHING OUR SPIRITS – SEMINAR FOR WOMEN On Saturday 12th March, 45 women registered for this Seminar, held on this occasion at St Joseph’s, Maidenhead. Those attending learnt, in an informative (and with humour!) that at no matter what stage of life they were, how to discern their heavy emotional and spiritual baggage and what ‘tools’ could be used to lighten and support their load. Dr Judith Thomas, the Speaker, received a standing ovation at the end and there were many requests for similar events. Keep a check for these in the newsletter!
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne, Fr Anthony, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation Our online giving platform provider, VirginMoneyGiving closed their online giving platform for charities at the end of November 2021. We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless.
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
March 26th – April 3rd
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
March 26th – April 3rd
|Saturday 26th March | FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Christopher Wade RIP (Hayden); Kieran Intentions (Rosary Group); Susan Sammut RIP (Sammut)
|Sunday 27th March | FOURTH SUNDAY OF LENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – For Altar Servers (Rosary Group); Priti Bodani Intentions (P&C)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Pat Ryan RIP (Ryan); People of the Parish
|Monday 28th March|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Isabelle McGlynn RIP (Bamber);
Ann Messenger RIP (Kuthokathen); Margaret Elizabeth Hughes RIP (1st Anniv.) Agbaje
7.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Stations of the Cross
|Tuesday 29th March|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Forgotten Souls of migrants in Meditteranean Sea And Channel (Rosary Group); Lily & Iti Chakalakal RIP (Kuthokathen)
12noon Our Lady of Peace – John Pace RIP, Funeral Service
|Thursday 31st March|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Families that mourn (Rosary Group); For Souls in Purgatory (Pepaj)
10.00am St Andrew’s – Seven Words
|Friday 1st April|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Dominic & Isabelle McGlynn RIP (O’Donnell); Maura O’Donovan RIP (McLean)
After Mass: 24 Hour Adoration
|Saturday 2nd April|
10.00am Our Lady of Peace LS – Benediction and Mass
|Saturday 2nd April | FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Bill & Rose Brophy RIP (Tierney); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart); Margaret Lawrence RIP (Kuthokathen)
|Sunday 3rd April | FIFTH SUNDAY OF LENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Margaret Lawrence RIP (1st Anniversary), Patrick & Katherine Ward RIP, Alice & Charlie (Anniv.) O’Neill RIP (Flannery); Uruvath Kuthokathen RIP (Kuthokathen)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Fr Joseph Intentions; People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE