SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR C)
WE WELCOME BACK Fr Joseph from his holiday this weekend. We pray he enjoyed his stay in his homeland and he has returned refreshed. Thanks to Fr Francis, Fr Ignatious, Fr Jerry, and Fr Ebuka who helped with weekend and weekday Masses, and farewell and thanks to Fr Anthony Zabbey who has looked after us for the last three weeks!
COVID Restrictions brought in to halt the spread of Covid-19 have been lifted in Churches throughout England and Wales after nearly two years. There is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore we will continue to monitor our practices in the Churches to ensure we are as Covid secure as possible.
The wearing of masks inside Churches will be optional rather than compulsory, although we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. The sign of peace can be re-introduced, and holy water stoups filled up again.
We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
PARISH OFFICE In line with Government changes and Diocesan guidelines, Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will work from home two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, and will be working in the office on Mondays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
DECEASED Please pray for John Dawson RIP who died recently, his body will be received into Our Lady of Peace Church on Monday, 28th February at 4.30pm, and his Requiem Mass will be on Tuesday, 1st March at 12.30pm, followed by burial at Parkside. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION For the weekend 6th February amounted to £501.85. Donations from the contactless digital collection plate amounted to £44.25. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
PRAYING THE ROSARY There are cards available, free of charge, in the Church porches, which we received from Crown of Thorns, a charity working to give hope through the simplicity of the understanding of the faith and promoting the Holy Rosary.
Lent begins on Wednesday, 2nd March. Our Ash Wednesday Masses will be as follows:
- 9.30am St Andrew’s Holy Mass and distribution of Ashes.
- 7.30pm Our Lady of Peace Holy Mass and distribution of Ashes.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS will be celebrated during Lent as follows:
- Each Sunday after 11.30am Mass in St Andrew’s.
- Each Monday in Our Lady of Peace from 7.00pm to 8.00pm during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Each Thursday in St Andrew’s Church after 9.30am Mass.
RETIRING COLLECTION FOR THE POOR will be taken at Stations of the Cross.
WALK WITH ME books, a Lenten of Prayer 2022, are available in the Church porches, priced £1.
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Shaggy Calf Lane, Slough, SL2 5HW:
EXAM INVIGILATORS We are currently looking to expand our team of Invigilators and welcome applications from experienced and new invigilators. Full training will be provided for any individuals who are new to the role. For more information and an application pack, please e-mail: l.mennone[AT]st-josephs.slough.sch.uk or telephone 01753 524713.
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course, via Zoom, on Tuesday, 22nd February between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Both Parents and Godparents are required to be at the course. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
SHEKINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, the talk for Wednesday 23rd February will be Lectio Divina and Reflections, the Speaker will be Sis Natty. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
ROSARY GROUP You are invited to a beautiful evening of litany, readings and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, on Wednesday, 23rd February, at St Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
ADoRE Online spiritual mini-retreat morning. Saturday, 26th February : 10.00am-1.00pm with Mass, Adoration, Reflection, Praise, Talk, Prayer and Discussion. Theme: “Holy is your name” – we are called to be holy as God is holy. Our special guest speaker is Kristina Cooper, former editor of Good News Catholic charismatic renewal magazine, and now on the renewal team in Southwark Diocese. Please register for the Zoom meeting in advance at bit.ly/ADOREFEB2022
NOURISHING OUR SPIRITS A Seminar for Women. How do we nourish our spirits in today’s ‘troubled’ world? Speaker: Dr. Judith Thomas. Date: Saturday, 12th March. Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm. St Joseph’s Parish Centre, St. Joseph’s Church, 36, Cookham Road, Maidenhead SL6 7EG. (car parking available and refreshments provided). This Seminar is free of charge but registration is required. To Register: Please email Margaret Tackney, Seminar Administrator, margarettackney[AT]yahoo.co.uk
BLAZE 2022 are pleased to announce that bookings for BLAZE 2022 are now open. Bishop David and NYMO invite Confirmandi school Year 7+ to attend BLAZE on Saturday 14th May 2022 at the Ridgeway Centre in Milton Keynes. BLAZE gives Confirmandi from across the Diocese the opportunity to come together: to be celebrated and encouraged as they prepare to be Confirmed, through an engaging and fast-paced day. The day starts at 11.00am and finishes at 5.00pm. At different points in the day, smaller groups of Confirmandi will have the chance to meet Bishop David and ask him questions. Throughout the day, Confirmandi will take part in a number of interactive workshops that include a mixture of different themes and activities. Although there will be some input before the groups go and explore their workshops, our aim is that Blaze is experiential: giving Confirmandi the chance to engage with the wider church and to be impacted by the many ways the Holy Spirit is at work within her! The cost for both Catechists and Confirmandi is £13 per person. Lunch is provided for catechists, but Confirmandi must bring a packed lunch.
ONLINE ROSARY All welcome. Thursday evenings 7.45pm – 9.00pm via Zoom. Please feel free to join in on a flexible basis. For joining details, contact Deacon Brin on 07931 607249 or email brin.dunsire[AT]gmail.com
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation Our online giving platform provider, VirginMoneyGiving closed their online giving platform for charities at the end of November 2021. We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
February 19th – February 27th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
February 19th – February 27th
|Saturday 19th February | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Bartley Coyne RIP (O’Shea); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart)
|Sunday 20th February | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Everard Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Ophelia Almeida RIP (1st Anniv.) (Almeida); Susan Chukwudi RIP (Chukwudi); Abigail Francis Birthday Intentions (Family)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Deceased members of Flynn & Whelan families (Flynn); People of the Parish
|Monday 21st February|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Bridget McDonnell RIP (Anniversary) & Dominick McDonnell RIP (Barker); Ellen & Frederick Hambleton RIP (Crouch); Forgotten souls of migrants in Meditteranean Sea and Channel (Rosary Group)
|Tuesday 22nd February | ST PETER’S CHAIR|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Bartley Coyne RIP and Forgotten Souls of Immigrants in Meditteranean Sea (Rosary Group); Lazaro Custodio Joanes (D’Costa)
|Thursday 24th February|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Zeena Intentions (Zeena); Families that mourn (Rosary Group)
|Friday 25th February|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Martin & Ophelia Almeida RIP (Rosary Group); Meade (Foundation)
|Saturday 26th February | EIGHTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Jonjo Harvey RIP (O’Shea); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart)
|Sunday 27th February | EIGHTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Fortino family; For Altar Servers and London & Slough Run (Rosary Group); Anne Gurrie RIP (1st Anniversary) (Family)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Kathleen Oates RIP (Oates family); MT Joseph, Mr Jacob & Joel Joseph RIP (Abel); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE