SIXTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR C)
- View/download the printed newsletter
- Synod Schedule
- Synod Consultations form – print, complete form and drop off at the Presbytery.
(Google Drive documents – select the download icon for a PDF.)
SYNOD Deadline 13th February 2022 – Last Opportunity.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to shape the future of the church. Your ideas and views will be submitted, in complete confidence, to the Diocese and to Rome. The discussions are centred around three questions:
- What are some of your experiences of the Church doing something well?
- What would you like to see improved or changed and how?
- What are your dreams for the Church?
If you cannot attend a session in person, we can arrange a telephone call, a Zoom meeting, or you can send your views via email synodsessions[AT]gmail.com (or print and complete the form) by answering the questions on the Synod Consultations form.
For further information or to book a session from the schedule please contact: Phone: 07584 056300 Leave a message with your name and number and we will get back to you.
We are hoping for a really good response from this parish and please feel free to pass the invitation along to friends and family who may like to participate. Whether you are a church-goer or not – all are welcome.
If you prefer to submit your views directly to the Diocese please use the link below.
Link to Northampton Diocese Synodal Information:
SYNOD prayer card (PDF)
CONSULTATION SESSIONS SCHEDULE
|Sun 13/02/2022||OLOP 1||11:00|
|Sun 13/02/2022||OLOP 2||11:00|
NEWS FROM THE BISHOPS’ CONFERENCE OF ENGLAND AND WALES Restrictions brought in to halt the spread of Covid-19 have been lifted in Churches throughout England and Wales after nearly two years. The relaxation of restrictions corresponds with the end of the Government’s “Plan B” restrictions introduced. Whilst this reduction of restrictions brings a more normal way of living, the Covid-19 virus is still in circulation, and we should bear this in mind of those participating in the life of the Church as time goes forward, ensuring the need for personal safety and taking responsibility for that safety.
The scientific consensus is that society is moving towards the stage where the virus is transitioning from the pandemic phase to the endemic phase, but as stated by HM Government, there is still a risk associated with gathering for sustained periods in enclosed spaces and therefore there needs to be continued caution by all against infection. The wearing of masks inside Churches will be optional rather than compulsory, although we encourage you to continue to wear a mask if possible. There will be no social distancing but please be sensitive to the needs of others around you. The sign of peace can be re-introduced and holy water stoups filled up again.
We should continue to ensure there is good ventilation, balancing this against the need for church heating, especially at this time. If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps. Thank you for your continued vigilance.
PARISH OFFICE In line with Government and Diocesan guidelines, Yvonne, as Parish Secretary, will be carrying out her duties working from home four days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 9.00am to 2.00pm, until further instructions are received. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
DECEASED Please pray for John Dawson RIP who died recently, his body will be received into Our Lady of Peace Church on Monday, 28th February at 4.30pm, and his Requiem Mass will be on Tuesday, 1st March at 12.30pm, followed by burial at Parkside. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, Amen.
RACIAL JUSTICE DAY This Sunday is Racial Justice Sunday. The theme this year builds on that of the previous year’s Racial Justice Sunday ‘A Time to Act’, which reflected on the importance of everyone recognising themselves, their race, their culture and their history in the life of the Church. The aim, in 2022, is to continue these conversations about how we see others in the “Image and Likeness of God”. We are encouraged to mark the day by praying the words of Pope Francis taken from his encyclical letter Fratelli Tutti – on fraternity and social friendship:
Come, Holy Spirit, show us your beauty, reflected in all the peoples of the earth, so that we may discover anew that all are important and all are necessary different faces of the one humanity that God so loves. Amen.
CONGRATULATIONS to Rocco Hart who is to be Baptised on Saturday, 26th February. Please keep Rocco, his Parents, Grandparents and Godparents in your Prayers.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION For the weekend 30th January amounted to £665.10. Donations from the contactless digital collection plate for January amounted to £519.69. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Shaggy Calf Lane, Slough, SL2 5HW : EXAM INVIGILATORS We are currently looking to expand our team of Invigilators and welcome applications from experienced and new invigilators. Full training will be provided for any individuals who are new to the role. For more information and an application pack, please e-mail: l.mennone[AT]st-josephs.slough.sch.uk or telephone 01753 524713. An equal opportunities employer.
SHEKINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, the talk for Wednesday 16th February will be Spiritual Warfare 2, the Speaker will be Rev Martin Ossei. If you would like to join please email the parish office: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org for the link.
SPIRIT & LIGHT WORSHIP invite you on Friday, 18th February at St Andrew’s Church from 8.00pm to 9.00pm to in thanksgiving for grace received. We will adore the Lord Jesus through Scripture, Music and Worship. Please call 07957 594646 for more information.
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course, via Zoom, on Tuesday, 22nd February between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Both Parents and Godparents are required to be at the course. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
ROSARY GROUP You are invited to a beautiful evening of litany, readings and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, on Wednesday, 23rd February, at St Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, at 7.30pm. Everyone is welcome. Bring your family and friends.
ADoRE Online spiritual mini-retreat morning. Saturday, 26th February : 10.00am-1.00pm with Mass, Adoration, Reflection, Praise, Talk, Prayer and Discussion. Theme: “Holy is your name” – we are called to be holy as God is holy. Our special guest speaker is Kristina Cooper, former editor of Good News Catholic charismatic renewal magazine, and now on the renewal team in Southwark Diocese. Please register for the Zoom meeting in advance at bit.ly/ADOREFEB2022
BLAZE 2022 are pleased to announce that bookings for BLAZE 2022 are now open. Bishop David and NYMO invite Confirmandi school Year 7+ to attend BLAZE on Saturday 14th May 2022 at the Ridgeway Centre in Milton Keynes. BLAZE gives Confirmandi from across the Diocese the opportunity to come together: to be celebrated and encouraged as they prepare to be Confirmed, through an engaging and fast-paced day. The day starts at 11.00am and finishes at 5.00pm. At different points in the day, smaller groups of Confirmandi will have the chance to meet Bishop David and ask him questions. Throughout the day, Confirmandi will take part in a number of interactive workshops that include a mixture of different themes and activities. Although there will be some input before the groups go and explore their workshops, our aim is that Blaze is experiential: giving Confirmandi the chance to engage with the wider church and to be impacted by the many ways the Holy Spirit is at work within her! The cost for both Catechists and Confirmandi is £13 per person. Lunch is provided for catechists, but Confirmandi must bring a packed lunch.
ONLINE ROSARY All welcome. Thursday evenings 7.45pm – 9.00pm via Zoom. Please feel free to join in on a flexible basis. For joining details, contact Deacon Brin on 07931 607249 or email brin.dunsire[AT]gmail.com
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
MASS BOOKINGS Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation Our online giving platform provider, VirginMoneyGiving closed their online giving platform for charities at the end of November 2021. We are now using a new provider ‘Invest My Community’ who work with other Catholic Diocese, schools and charities. You can access our online giving page via the donate button on our Diocesan Website or by using the following link https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/ If you would like to use this facility to make your regular, one off donations please ensure you indicate this along with the name of your parish, and any other message detail in the ‘Public Message’ box. Please note this information is not made visible to the public.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web portal is now available as a queue-free alternative. Either use the link (Gift Aid giving is available using one-time registration): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code reader mobile app, scan the code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
February 12th – February 20th
Sunday Readings: Year C.
Weekday Readings: Cycle II.
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
February 12th – February 20th
|Saturday 12th February | SIXTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Marie Oke Intentions (Gang); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart)
|Sunday 13th February | SIXTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Harper Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Noreen O’Keefe RIP (Conroy); Michael Daly RIP (Anniv.) (Daly); Bartley Coyne RIP (Barker)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Baby Nathan Intentions; Aaron Stephens, Bellermine Joseph RIP; People of the Parish
|Monday 14th February | SS CYRIL (Monk) & METHODIUS (Bishop)|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Denis Sugrue RIP (Birthday Remb) (Sugrue); Val Corcoran RIP (Birthday Remb) (Corcoran); Repose of the souls of Leone family (Leone)
|Tuesday 15th February|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Bellermine Joseph RIP; Rose Redmond Intentions (Florence); Eudes Coutinho RIP (Almeida)
|Thursday 17th February|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Sonia Mascarenhas RIP (Zeena); Special Intention (Flynn)
|Friday 18th February|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Baby Mathai RIP; Kate Glenn Int (Florence); Maureen & Joe Power RIP (Rosary Group)
|Saturday 19th February | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Bartley Coyne RIP (O’Shea); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart)
|Sunday 20th February | SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Everard Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Ophelia Almeida RIP (1st Anniv.) (Almeida); Susan Chukwudi RIP (Chukwudi); Abigail Francis Birthday Intentions (Family)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Deceased members of Flynn & Whelan families (Flynn); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE