OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNIVERSAL KING (YEAR B)
Go to: Notices | Public Mass Downloads | Parish Donations Portal | Ways To Donate | Masses & Intentions | Our Facebook Page | Our Youtube Channel
- View/download the printed newsletter
- Year of St Joseph: introduction and prayers (PDF)
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne is in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm. On Mondays and Fridays from 9.00am to 2.00pm she works from home. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE As in previous years, the Book of Remembrance will be kept in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel during November. Please do not write in the book.
HOLY SOULS ENVELOPES These are now available in the Church porches. Please write the names of your dear ones and put in the envelope with your offering. The envelopes can be returned with the usual collection or put them through the letter box at the Presbytery. Your dear ones will be remembered at all the Masses for the Holy Souls offered during November.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION Our weekly collection for weekend 7th November 2021 amounted to £598.37. The retiring collection for the Sick & Retired Priest’s Fund amounted to £389.40. These figures do not include donations from the contactless digital collection plate. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
CATHOLIC YOUTH SERVICES There will be a retiring collection this weekend for Catholic Youth Services.
CONGRATULATIONS to Kilean James McMullen and Elsie Darmanin who will receive the Sacrament of Baptism on Saturday, 27th November in Our Lady of Peace. Please pray for Kilean and Elsie, their parents, Grandparents and Godparents.
ST ANDREW’S DAY St Andrew’s will be celebrating their 50th (+1) anniversary on Tuesday, 30th November 2021 at 7.30pm with a joint service followed by light refreshments. John Barry will give a brief talk about the history of St Andrew’s, and the £100 prize for the 300 Club will be drawn on that evening. All parishioners are cordially invited to come and celebrate with us and reminisce with their friends from both Parishes.
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course, via Zoom, on Monday, 29th November between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Both Parents and Godparents are required to be at the course. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION PROGRAMME 2022 We are pleased to announce that enrolment for the First Holy Communion Programme for 2022 is now open. If your child is in Year 3 or above and you would like your son/daughter to take part in next year’s programme then you will need to send an email to olopcommunion[AT]gmail.com to request an Enrolment form. Closing date for completed applications is 20th November 2021.
24 HOUR ADORATION AND EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT after 9.30am Mass on the 3rd December, First Friday of the month ending with Benediction and Mass at 9.30am on the 4th December the first Saturday of the month in Thanksgiving. Everyone welcome to add their names to the Rota which will be placed below the Lectern at Our Lady of Peace.
ROSARY GROUP, High Wycombe – You are invited to the final Rosary evening of this year. There will be prayer, litanies, readings, and Rosary, with music to praise and worship the Lord, at St. Augustine’s, Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, on Wednesday, 24th November at 7.30pm. Come along and bring your friends and family. You will be blessed.
CONFIRMATION programme: On Thursday, 25th November in Our Lady of Peace at 6.00pm, we will be welcoming Fr Daniel Rooke from St Augustine’s High Wycombe who will lead a brief retreat, Service of Reconciliation and Sacramental Confession.
CONFIRMATION We look forward to welcoming Bishop David to the Confirmation Mass taking place on Thursday, 9th December at 7.00pm. Parents and Candidates have been informed of the safety guidelines and procedures for the Mass. We would like to thank our dedicated Catechists and parents who have made this possible.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, the talk for Wednesday 24th November will be Lectio Divina and Reflections, the Speaker will be Br Patrick Iwu. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
SYNOD Online Webinar: Thursday, 25th November 7.30pm – 8.30pm. “The Synod: What’s it all about?” Book here: https://second_synod_webinar.eventbrite.co.uk
Local Listener Training (In Person): Saturday, 4th December 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Northampton, (Exact venue to be confirmed). Book here: https://local_listeners-2.eventbrite.co.uk
Online Local Listener Training: Saturday, 15th January 2022, 10.00am – 12noon, “Listening at the Margins, how can we do it?” Book Here: https://synod_margins.eventbrite.co.uk
MASS FOR THE SICK AND ELDERLY Celebration of Mass with the Sacramental anointing of the sick at St Andrew’s on Saturday, 27th November at 2.00pm. There will be tea, coffee and snacks arranged by the CWL after Mass. Transport can be arranged, if required please contact Cedrica on 07821278970. Email PresidentE140604[AT]svp.org.uk
“EMMAUS” A heart-warming journey with Jesus as he explains the Scriptures and equips us for mission. Hosted by Mission Northampton, the new Diocesan agency, this weekend experience runs from 10.00am on Saturday, 27th to 3.00pm on Sunday, 28th November 2021 at the St Thomas Centre, Northampton Cathedral NN2 6AG. Lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday are included within the £55 overall cost. To register and pay, or for further information, please go to A Weekend Journey to Emmaus | Northampton Diocese
BURNHAM HIGH STREET CHRISTMAS FAIR Once again all the Churches in Burnham are having a stall at the village fair on the evening of Thursday, 2nd December. We will be at the top of the village near Costa Coffee and will be giving out – free of charge – mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies. We need mince pies galore because hundreds of people will be there! Please be your usual generous selves and plan to provide some. These can be left in the Church porch on the previous Sunday, on Thursday, 2nd itself, or taken to the stall on the night. There will be carols from 6.00pm so come and sing and join in the Christmas fun. The more the merrier! We need to transport 4 folding tables and some urns from St Peter’s Church to our site at about 4.30pm. Can anyone help with that please? Please contact Yvonne in the Parish office on 01628 605764 if you can, or email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Thank You very much.
ADVENT children’s books, Infant and Junior, are available in the Church porches, priced £1.
GOSPEL POWER the pocket-sized daily meditation book for 2022, copies are available at the back of the Church, priced £6.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for notices is Thursday by 12noon.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a web page with a mobile phone user friendly feature is now available. Instead of queuing to make donation through the digital plate in Church, you can either use this URL link (gift aid option, with a one-time registration available): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code app or mobile phone camera, scan the QR code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
November 20th – November 28th
Sunday Readings: Year B, Year C (next weekend).
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
November 20th – November 28th
|Saturday 20th November | OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNIVERSAL KING|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Mick & Mamie RIP (Shiels); Lerissa El-Sheikh Intentions (Gatt)
|Sunday 21st November | OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNIVERSAL KING|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Maureen Webb RIP (Boundy); Irene & Sarge Ali Family Intentions (Rosary Group); Robert and Ronnie McClintock RIP & Ernest and Ethel McClintock RIP (Edward)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Mamu K Ratna RIP (K Ratna & family); Joaquim & Santana Antao RIP (Millie); People of the Parish
|Monday 22nd November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Chief Mojeed Agbaje RIP (Edward); London & Slough Run (Rosary Group); Terence Reilly RIP (Boundy); Cecilia Akoshile, RIP (Olagunju)
|Tuesday 23rd November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Confirmation Candidates, Parents, Grandparents & Godparents (Rosary Group); Everard family Int. (O’Donnell); Repose of the souls of the Leone Family (Leone)
|Thursday 25th November|
9.30am St Andrew’s – George & Clotilde Rawling RIP (Edward)
|Friday 26th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Clotilde & George Rawling RIP (Rawling); Catherine Mary Hennessy RIP (Edward); Deceased Benedict family (Benedict); Cecilia Akoshile, RIP (Olagunju)
|Saturday 27th November|
2.00pm St Andrew’s – Mass and Sacramental anointing of the sick
|Saturday 27th November | FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Jack & Daphne Lavender RIP, Clarry & Winifred Murphy RIP, Julia Murphy RIP and Marie Chamberlain RIP (P&C)
|Sunday 28th November | FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT|
Mass Readings (Year C)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Andrew Birthday Intentions (Francis family); Lorna Balakrishnan family Int. (Rosary Group); Anne & Cyril Maasch RIP (Edward)
11.30am St Andrew’s – All souls in Purgatory (Millie); Mary Oates RIP (Oates); People of the Parish
LS = Mass livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2022 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE