THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR B)
Go to: Notices | Public Mass Downloads | Parish Donations Portal | Ways To Donate | Masses & Intentions | Our Facebook Page | Our Youtube Channel
- View/download the printed newsletter
- Year of St Joseph: introduction and prayers (PDF)
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne is in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm. On Mondays and Fridays from 9.00am to 2.00pm she works from home. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE As in previous years, the Book of Remembrance will be kept in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel during November. Please do not write in the book.
HOLY SOULS ENVELOPES These are now available in the Church porches. Please write the names of your dear ones and put in the envelope with your offering. The envelopes can be returned with the usual collection or put them through the letter box at the Presbytery. Your dear ones will be remembered at all the Masses for the Holy Souls offered during November.
DECEASED Please pray for the repose of the soul of Afra Da Siqueira RIP who died recently, her Requiem Mass will be in St Andrew’s Church on Monday, 15th November at 12.30pm, followed by interment at Slough Cemetery at 2.15pm. Also please pray for Derrick MacFarlaine RIP who died recently. The family have advised that his Funeral will be at Holy Family Church, Langley, on 16th November at 11.30am followed by Committal at Slough Crematorium at 1.00pm and afterwards at Slough Football Club. Any parishioners who knew him are welcome to attend. May their souls and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace, Amen.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION Our weekly collection for weekend 31st October 2021 amounted to £609. The retiring collection for Bishop’s Maintenance Fund amounted to £83.82. These figures do not include donations from the contactless digital collection plate. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
SICK & RETIRED PRIESTS’S FUND There will be a retiring collection this weekend for the Sick & Retired Priests’ Fund.
CATHOLIC YOUTH SERVICES There will be a retiring collection next weekend for Catholic Youth Services.
CONGRATULATIONS to Donny and Denny Burke-Scott who will receive the Sacrament of Baptism on Saturday, 20th November in Our Lady of Peace. Please pray for Donny and Denny, their parents, Grandparents and Godparents.
MEMORIAL SERVICE For Remembrance Sunday, on Sunday, 14th November there will be a joint Memorial Service at 10.30am at Cippenham Green.
BLESSING OF THE GRAVES will take place at Slough Cemetery this Sunday, 14th November at 2.00pm.
SCRIPTURAL ROSARY The Rosary Group are meeting in Our Lady of Peace Church to recite a Scriptural Rosary on Tuesday, 16th November at 10.00am. All parishioners are most welcome to attend. Any queries please email Denise on dennymcclintock73[AT]sky.com
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course, via Zoom, on Monday, 29th November between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Both Parents and Godparents are required to be at the course. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION PROGRAMME 2022 We are pleased to announce that enrolment for the First Holy Communion Programme for 2022 is now open. If your child is in Year 3 or above and you would like your son/daughter to take part in next year’s programme then you will need to send an email to olopcommunion[AT]gmail.com to request an Enrolment form. Closing date for completed applications is 20th November 2021.
CONFIRMATION programme: Eleventh session will be on Thursday, 18th November and will be held in Our Lady of Peace at 6.00pm.
CONFIRMATION We look forward to welcoming Bishop David to the Confirmation Mass taking place on Thursday, 9th December at 7.00pm. Parents and Candidates have been informed of the safety guidelines and procedures for the Mass. We would like to thank our dedicated Catechists and parents who have made this possible.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, the talk for Wednesday 17th November will be on God’s Provision, the Speaker will be Mrs Philomena Nortey. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
GOOD COUNSEL NETWORK On Wednesday, 17th November Vigil of the Dedication of the Basilica of SS. Peter & Paul, please pray and fast for the end of abortion and euthanasia in this Country. On this month’s Day of Prayer and Fasting for Life, we are especially asking you to fast and pray for the end of DIY abortions at home. Please join in and invite others to join as well. www.GoodCounselNetwork.com
DIOCESE ‘LOVE CHRISTMAS’ CAMPAIGN Advent and Christmas should be a season of kindness. But, for too many people across our diocese, with the spectre of COVID and the many issues this has caused still looming, this Christmas may be one of isolation, deprivation, and challenges. The diocese is putting on an online workshop on Thursday, 18th November at 7.30pm to explore several practical ways that we can reach out into our community, from outdoor cribs to bags of kindness, including the ecumenical Love Christmas Campaign. We will explore Ideas for every parish and school community to get involved. This will be Hosted by Dcn. Jim Hannigan, Avril Baigent and Collette Curtis as part of the new Vicariate for Mission. Please go here to sign up for this online workshop: https://reachout_christmas.eventbrite.co.uk
ALTAR SERVERS’ TRAINING is being organised Saturday November 20, 2021, from 1pm. Old and intending altar servers are welcome. Intending altar servers should have made their 1st Holy Communion and can serve alone in some instances.
CATHOLIC MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOP For all who serve young people – you are invited to join us on Saturday, 20th November for a Catholic Mental Health and Wellbeing workshop where we will explore what our faith has to say on this topic and how to support young people at this time. The workshop costs just £5 and can be paid on the day. The workshop will take place in the parish hall of St Martin De Porres Catholic Church, 366 Leagrave High Street, Luton, LU4 0NG. To book your please simply email
MASS FOR THE SICK AND ELDERLY Celebration of Mass with the Sacramental anointing of the sick at St Andrew’s on Saturday, 27th November at 2.00pm. There will be tea, coffee and snacks arranged by the CWL after Mass. Transport can be arranged, if required please contact Cedrica on 07821278970. Email PresidentE140604[AT]svp.org.uk
“EMMAUS” A heart-warming journey with Jesus as he explains the Scriptures and equips us for mission. Hosted by Mission Northampton, the new Diocesan agency, this weekend experience runs from 10.00am on Saturday, 27th to 3.00pm on Sunday, 28th November 2021 at the St Thomas Centre, Northampton Cathedral NN2 6AG. Lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday are included within the £55 overall cost. To register and pay, or for further information, please go to A Weekend Journey to Emmaus | Northampton Diocese
BURNHAM HIGH STREET CHRISTMAS FAIR Once again all the Churches in Burnham are having a stall at the village fair on the evening of Thursday, 2nd December. We will be at the top of the village near Costa Coffee and will be giving out – free of charge – mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies. We need mince pies galore because hundreds of people will be there! Please be your usual generous selves and plan to provide some. These can be left in the Church porch on the previous Sunday, on Thursday, 2nd itself, or taken to the stall on the night. There will be carols from 6.00pm so come and sing and join in the Christmas fun. The more the merrier! We need to transport 4 folding tables and some urns from St Peter’s Church to our site at about 4.30pm. Can anyone help with that please? Please contact Yvonne in the Parish office on 01628 605764 if you can, or email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Thank You very much.
GOSPEL POWER the pocket-sized daily meditation book for 2022, copies are available at the back of the Church, priced £6.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for notices is Thursday by 12noon.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation 💳 We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only. There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a webpage version with a mobile phone user friendly feature is now available. Instead of queuing to make donation through the digital plate in Church, you can either use this URL link (gift aid option, with a one-time registration available): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code app or mobile phone camera, scan the QR code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links titled: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
November 13th – November 21st
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
November 13th – November 21st
|Saturday 13th November | THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Ray Shiels RIP (Shiels); Padraig Barker RIP (Anniversary)(Barker)
|Sunday 14th November | THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Florence & Antoni family Int. (Rosary Group); Bernard & Margaret Reilly RIP (Boundy); Maria Foti RIP (Cavozzi)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Lavinia & Manuel Fernandez RIP (Millie); People of the Parish
|Monday 15th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Lorna Balakrishnan Intentions (Rosary Group); Dominic & Isabella McGlynn RIP (O’Donnell); Kay Gatt Intentions (Shiels)
|Tuesday 16th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Jose Tharakan RIP (Kuthokathen); Angela O’Donnell RIP (O’Donnell)
|Thursday 18th November|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Keogh (Foundation); Joan O’Shea Int. (Gatt)
|Friday 19th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Michele Di Gangi RIP (Boundy); McCann Family Intentions (O’Donnell)
|Saturday 20th November | OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNIVERSAL KING|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Mick & Mamie RIP (Shiels); Lerissa El-Sheikh Intentions (Gatt)
|Sunday 21st November | OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, UNIVERSAL KING|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Maureen Webb RIP (Boundy); Irene & Sarge Ali Family Intentions (Rosary Group); Robert and Ronnie McClintock RIP & Ernest and Ethel McClintock RIP (Edward)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Mamu K Ratna RIP (K Ratna & family); Joaquim & Santana Antao RIP (Millie); People of the Parish
LS = Mass livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE