THIRTY SECOND SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR B)
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne is in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm. On Mondays and Fridays from 9.00am to 2.00pm she works from home. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
BLESSING OF THE GRAVES will take place at Slough Cemetery on Sunday, 14th November at 2.00pm.
BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE As in previous years, the Book of Remembrance will be kept in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel during November. Please do not write in the book.
HOLY SOULS ENVELOPES These are now available in the Church porches. Please write the names of your dear ones and put in the envelope with your offering. The envelopes can be returned with the usual collection or put them through the letter box at the Presbytery. Your dear ones will be remembered at all the Masses for the Holy Souls offered during November.
DECEASED Please pray for the repose of the soul of Derrick MacFarlaine RIP who died recently. The family have advised that his Funeral will be at Holy Family Church, Langley, on 16th November at 11.30am followed by Crematorium at 1.00pm and afterwards at Slough Football Club. Any parishioners who knew him are welcome to attend. May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace, Amen.
OFFERTORY COLLECTION Our weekly collection for weekend 24th October 2021 amounted to £526.81. The retiring collection for World Mission Sunday amounted to £414.73. These figures do not include donations from the contactless digital collection plate. Many thanks for your continuing support to the Parish.
BISHOP’S MAINTENANCE FUND There will be a retiring collection this weekend for the Bishop’s Maintenance Fund.
SICK & RETIRED PRIESTS’S FUND There will be a retiring collection NEXT weekend for the Sick & Retired Priests’ Fund.
CONGRATULATIONS to Olivia and Andrew who are to be Married on Saturday, 13th October in Our Lady of Peace. We wish them every happiness in their future life together.
ALTAR SERVERS’ TRAINING is being organised Saturday November 20, 2021, from 1pm. Old and intending altar servers are welcome. Intending altar servers should have made their 1st Holy Communion and can serve alone in some instances.
WHEELCHAIR, TV AND BICYCLE Someone is donating a used wheelchair, bicycle and 32” TV, if anyone is interested, please email Yvonne on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org
RED BOXES At last the time has arrived to swap your old full boxes for the new empty boxes. Next Sunday, 7th November, new boxes, cleaned with soap and water, will be available for you to take away in exchange. Any spare boxes at home? Please bring them.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION PROGRAMME 2022 We are pleased to announce that enrolment for the First Holy Communion Programme for 2022 is now open. If your child is in Year 3 or above and you would like your son/daughter to take part in next year’s programme then you will need to send an email to olopcommunion[AT]gmail.com to request an Enrolment form. Closing date for completed applications is 20th November 2021.
THE PARISH OF ST ANDREWS CHURCH, CIPPENHAM You are invited to the Institution by the Bishop of Buckingham, and the Induction by the Archdeacon of Buckingham, of The Revd Neil Andrew Popham as Vicar, on Monday, 8th November at 7.30pm in the church of St Andrew’s. The service will take place within the context of the Eucharist. Light refreshments in the Church will follow the service.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
DIOCESAN MASS FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES this Sunday, 7th November, at 3.00pm, Bishop David will be principal celebrant at this Diocesan Mass at St John’s Church, Sundon Park in Luton.
CHURCHES TOGETHER IN BURNHAM will meet at Burnham Methodist Church on Tuesday, 9th November at 10.30am.
CONFIRMATION programme: Tenth session will be on Thursday, 11th November and will be held in Our Lady of Peace at 6.00pm.
“MAKING MISSIONARY DISCIPLES TOGETHER”: A DIOCESAN MISSION CONFERENCE Mission Northampton invites all those from across the Diocese who have a heart for sharing the Gospel with others to come along to this day with Bishop David from 11.00am until 3.00pm on Saturday, 13th November at the St Thomas Centre, Northampton Cathedral NN2 6AG. Refreshments will be served from 10.30am prior to an 11.00am start. If you would like to join us it would be helpful if you could register your hope to attend at the following link: https://northamptondiocese.org/courses/making-missionary-disciples-together/ Please bring a packed lunch or feel free to use the Cathedral Cafe at lunchtime.
DIVINE ADORATION, High Wycombe. You are invited to a beautiful evening of Eucharistic Adoration, including praise and worship and prayer ministry, at St Augustine’s, 24 Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, HP13 6NZ on Saturday, 13th November at 7.00pm. Parking is limited in the Church carpark but there is plenty of parking across the road.
CAFOD message: Please pray for the success of the UN climate talks in Glasgow, COP26, from 31st October to 12th November. There are prayer cards at the back of church. CAFOD – prayer for the COP26 Summit
“EMMAUS” A heart-warming journey with Jesus as he explains the Scriptures and equips us for mission. Hosted by Mission Northampton, the new Diocesan agency, this weekend experience runs from 10.00am on Saturday, 27th to 3.00pm on Sunday, 28th November 2021 at the St Thomas Centre, Northampton Cathedral NN2 6AG. Lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday are included within the £55 overall cost. To register and pay, or for further information, please go to A Weekend Journey to Emmaus | Northampton Diocese
DIOCESE ‘LOVE CHRISTMAS’ CAMPAIGN Advent and Christmas should be a season of kindness. But, for too many people across our diocese, with the spectre of COVID and the many issues this has caused still looming, this Christmas may be one of isolation, deprivation, and challenges. The diocese is putting on an online workshop on Thursday, 18th November at 7.30pm to explore several practical ways that we can reach out into our community, from outdoor cribs to bags of kindness, including the ecumenical Love Christmas Campaign. We will explore Ideas for every parish and school community to get involved. This will be Hosted by Dcn. Jim Hannigan, Avril Baigent and Collette Curtis as part of the new Vicariate for Mission. Please go here to sign up for this online workshop: https://reachout_christmas.eventbrite.co.uk
CATHOLIC MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOP For all who serve young people – you are invited to join us on Saturday, 20th November for a Catholic Mental Health and Wellbeing workshop where we will explore what our faith has to say on this topic and how to support young people at this time. The workshop costs just £5 and can be paid on the day. The workshop will take place in the parish hall of St Martin De Porres Catholic Church, 366 Leagrave High Street, Luton, LU4 0NG. To book your please simply email
GOSPEL POWER the pocket-sized daily meditation book for 2022, copies are available at the back of the Church, priced £6.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for notices is Thursday by 12noon.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
- Parish Donations Portal 💳 After a successful trial of the physical digital collection plate in our Churches, we are pleased to announce that a webpage version with a mobile phone user friendly feature is now available. Instead of queuing to make donation through the digital plate in Church, you can either use this URL link (gift aid option, with a one-time registration available): https://portal.mydona.com/assets/webPay/index.php?cid=419 or with your QR code app or mobile phone camera, scan the QR code in the printed newsletter, click on the link to mydona.com, and it will give you the same options available on the Digital Plate in Church. Also look out for the DONATE HERE sign with QR Code in the Church. Thank you.
N.B. To access this service, select links to the: Parish Donations Portal.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
November 6th – November 14th
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Universalis – Daily Mass Readings (updates automatically).
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
November 6th – November 14th
|Saturday 6th November | THIRTY SECOND SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Benediction and Mass
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace- Franco Cardone RIP (Conlon); Bartley Coyne Int; Patrick Brouder RIP (Anniversary) Brouder; Gabriella Komorka family Int. (Rosary Group); Christopher Potter RIP (Potter); Sidikatu Abomide & Emmanuel Kirenga RIP
|Sunday 7th November | THIRTY SECOND SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – David Forreste RIP (1st Anniv.) (Boundy); God’s Mercy, Favour & Grace on Gregory Marion
Ojie & Omo (Ubiyobo); Ashley Kuthokathen Int. (Family) Ludo and Max Birthday Int. (Family)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Harper Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Romeo Daliling RIP (Gloria Lind); People of the Parish
|Monday 8th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Eatwell (Foundation); Thanksgiving 1st Birthday Zyon (Rodrigues)
7.30pm St Andrew’s – Induction of Rev Neil Andrew Popham as Vicar
|Tuesday 9th November | DEDICATION OF THE LATERAN BASILICA|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Confirmation candidates, Parents, Grandparents and Godparents (Rosary Group); Our suffering Planet (Rosary Group)
|Thursday 11th November|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Souls of my family (Zeena); Veronica Bennett RIP (Boundy); Lewis Intentions (Grandparents)
|Friday 12th November|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Audrey Truman Intentions (Rosary Group); Hilary Bowens RIP (Boundy)
|Saturday 13th November | THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Ray Shiels RIP (Shiels); Padraig Barker RIP (Anniversary)(Barker)
|Sunday 14th November | THIRTY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Florence & Antoni family Int. (Rosary Group); Bernard & Margaret Reilly RIP (Boundy); Maria Foti RIP (Cavozzi)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Lavinia & Manuel Fernandez RIP (Millie); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE