TWENTY SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR B)
PARISH MASS COUNT Week three of our annual Parish Mass count.
PARISH OFFICE As from 1st October 2021, Yvonne will return to working four days per week from 9.00am to 2.00pm, as follows: Monday and Friday working from home, Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Parish office. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
CONGRATULATIONS to Delilah Lavinia Clarke who received the Sacrament of Baptism on Saturday, 2nd October in Our Lady of Peace. Please pray for Delilah, her parents, Grandparents and Godparents.
CONGRATULATIONS to Enoma and Danielle who will receive the Sacrament of Marriage on Saturday, 9th October. We wish them every happiness for the future.
CAFOD FAMILY FAST DAY Harvest Fast Day retiring collection next weekend 9th-10th October.
KEEPING SAFE It is wonderful to see more people at Mass as each week goes by and we continue to encourage you to get both vaccinations as soon as you are invited. In the meantime, as regulations are being lifted by Government, we remain responsible and vigilant, maintaining best possible standards of safety. I am asking you to:
- come to Mass
- wear face covering throughout the duration of services
- sanitize your hands on arrival and departure
- allow the stewards to show you to your seats
- socially distance
- follow the direction of the stewards when approaching the sanctuary for Holy Communion
- sing only if you are invited to do so
I am sure you would join in me in thanking our stewards and volunteers who have been so generous in their service. Thank you, once again, for your cooperation and your patience, which can only serve to keep you and everyone around you safe.
ROOMS FOR HIRE Interested in renting space for clubs or meetings? Look no further, Our Lady of Peace Catholic Primary & Nursery School has two rooms with facilities available (820 metres x 640 metres). If you are interested, please contact: School Business Manager – Linda Shoard email sbm[AT]olopprimary.co.uk or phone 01628 661886.
SHEKHINAH PRAYER GROUP meet weekly on Wednesdays from 7.00pm to 8.30pm via Zoom. Catholic teachings on different topics and Lectio Divina (Praying the Scriptures) are handled on alternative weeks, the topic for Wednesday 6th October will be Lectio Divina and Reflections, the Speaker will be Br Patrick Iwu. If you are interested in joining the group please contact Yvonne via email: office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org and a link will be sent to you.
CONFIRMATION programme: Sixth session will be on Thursday, 7th October and will be held in Our Lady of Peace at 6.00pm.
YOUTH MINISTRY CONFERENCE On Saturday, 9th October, NYMO will be holding their annual Youth Ministry Conference at their offices in Luton. The conference theme will focus on re-engaging our young people in the Church post lockdown, and is open to anyone with an interest in the future of the young people in our Church. The conference starts at 11.00am, with arrivals from 10.30am, and will finish at 3.30pm. Tickets for the conference cost just £10, and can be booked online at: https://nymo.org/product/youth-ministry-conference/
More info at: https://nymo.org/conference
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course, via Zoom, on Tuesday, 12th October between 6.00pm and 8.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Both Parents and Godparents are required to be at the course. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
DIOCESAN MASS FOR MARRIED LIFE Bishop David Oakley invites you to The Diocesan Mass for Married Life, at The Cathedral of Our Lady Immaculate & St Thomas of Canterbury, Kingsthorpe Road, Northampton, NN2 6AG on Saturday, 16th October. Gathering from 11.30am followed by Mass at 12 noon. Bishop David will give his pastoral blessing to those couples celebrating significant milestones in their marriage i.e. 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years etc. If you are celebrating such a milestone please contact Eamonn and Paola McMorrow on 07412 151517 or at mass.mfl[AT]northamptondiocese.org All are very welcome to attend. In line with Government guidelines social distancing will be adhered to in the Cathedral and afterwards in the new Cathedral Centre where refreshments will be available after Mass.
KNOCK PILGRIMAGE 2021 In honour of the Holy Souls we are going on a Divine Mercy Pilgrimage to Knock from Thursday 18th November to Monday 22nd November 2021. The cost of the Pilgrimage is £450 which includes return flights from Gatwick on Aer Lingus, half board, twin bedded room with en-suite facilities, 10kg hand luggage, return coach transfers from Knock Airport to hotel and Knock Airport tax. Additional supplement for single rooms Please call Millie on 07957 594646 if you would like to join this Divine Mercy Pilgrimage.
THE ENVIRONMENT Five years ago Pope Francis published a document addressed to the whole world about the environment called ‘Laudato Si’ or ‘Care For Our Common Home’. It is well worth a read. He will be attending the climate change conference, Cop 26 in Glasgow. He is very aware of climate change and of the horrendous damage being done to our environment and encourages us to do whatever we can to live simply. We need to reduce waste of all kinds. and to reuse and recycle whatever we can. We have a new opportunity to recycle some things that usually end up in landfill. ‘Burnham Care and Share’ based in the chocolate shop in the village (open on Tuesday and Friday afternoons from 1.30 until 4.00. are collecting crisp packets, empty blister pill packets and loaf bags for recycling.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER COPIES OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for notices is Thursday by 12noon.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Restrictions apply on number of attendances at Baptism, funerals, and marriage.
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
- Contactless Donations 💳 We have installed ‘Digital Collection Plate’ contactless terminals in the Churches, allowing you to donate using a contactless debit/credit card, NFC smartphone or watch. Simply enter the amount you wish to donate and hold your card (or NFC device) to the reader. You can also opt-in for Gift Aid to increase your donation by 25%. If you are a UK taxpayer then donating with Gift Aid means that we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 received.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
October 2nd – October 10th
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Live streaming of Masses at Our Lady of Peace can be found on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
October 2nd – October 10th
|Saturday 2nd October | TWENTY SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Anne & Basile Mc Enrol RIP (Vint); Julia Murphy & Marie Chamberlain RIP (P&C)
|Sunday 3rd October | TWENTY SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Michael Connolly RIP & Brendan O’Rourke RIP (Edward); George Rawling RIP (Anniv) (Family); Susan Holwell RIP (Holwell)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Angelo Nazareth RIP (Birthday Remembrance)
(K Ratna & Sepala); People of the Parish
|Monday 4th October | ST FRANCIS OF ASSISI|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Yvonne Intentions (Gatt); John Fernandes Int. (Rosary Group); Rev Babatunde Adesilu RIP (Birthday Remembrance) (Edward)
|Tuesday 5th October|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Parsons (Foundation); Nora Doody RIP (O’Shea); Michael O’Connor RIP (Mairin & Brid) (1st Anniv.)
|Thursday 7th October | OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Michal, Jadwiga & Zenon Tkaczcyk RIP (Tkaczcyk); Assunta Smyk RIP & Marian Bellamy RIP (Edward)
|Friday 8th October|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Everard Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Thanksgiving (O’Shea); Kathleen Galea RIP (Galea)
|Saturday 9th October | TWENTY EIGHTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – McCann Family Intentions (O’Donnell); Gabriella Komorka & Family Int. (Rosary Group)
|Sunday 10th October | TWENTY EIGHTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Alma Pepaj & Family (Rosary Group); Bartley Coyne Intentions (Rosary Group); Adele Slowi RIP (Deignan)
11.30am St Andrew’s – For Peace all over the World (Ryan); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE