THE MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST
(CORPUS CHRISTI) (YEAR B)
- View/download the printed newsletter
- Year of St Joseph: introduction and prayers (PDF)
- CBCEW reflection: The Day of the Lord
FR JOSEPH EMAIL ADDRESS is as follows: frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org If you receive an email from Fr Joseph from a similar email please ignore and do not open!
DECEASED Please pray for Zoltan Torok-Pena RIP who died tragically in a road accident. Zoltan’s Requiem Mass will be in Our Lady of Peace on Thursday, 10th June at 11.15am followed by committal in Slough Cemetery. Please keep Adriana, the children and family in your Prayers. May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace, Amen
BISHOP DAVID has produced a series of short talks focused on ‘The Church’. These videos can be viewed on the Northampton Diocese YouTube channel. Simply type ‘Northampton Diocese’ into the search bar on YouTube and click on ‘The Church’ playlist. All the videos in this series so far will be displayed.
BAPTISM COURSE Fr Joseph will be holding a Baptism course via Zoom on Monday, 14th June at 7.00pm. This course is for ‘first time’ parents who wish to have their child Baptised over the next few months. Please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org to register to join.
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION Classes for preparation for First Holy Communion and First Reconciliation have started. Please continue to pray for our children so that they will grow in their appreciation of the sacraments of Confession and Holy Communion.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION Thank you to the young people who have applied to join this year’s sacramental preparation. All candidates who have applied, and a parent, are invited to a meeting with Fr Joe on Saturday, 19th June, 2021, at 11.00am to discuss the programme.
GIFT AID OFFERTORY ENVELOPES the new envelopes from April 2021 have been distributed, as some numbers have changed.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR ENVELOPE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. Please contact Yvonne if you require any further information or wish to request offertory envelopes on 01628 605764 or email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org
FORTHCOMING ORDINATIONS IN THE DIOCESE
- Mr Jithu James will be ordained a transitional deacon at Oscott College on Sunday, 6th June by His Grace, Archbishop Bernard Longley.
- Deacon Liam Castle will be ordained a priest at the Cathedral on Friday, 2nd July at 12 noon. Priests are invited to attend and concelebrate with Bishop David at this Mass, can they please let Fr James know, here at the Bishop’s Office.
- Mr Gerard Felix will be ordained a permanent deacon at St Columba’s, Chesham on Saturday, 18th September.
- Mr Lanre Sanni will be ordained a permanent deacon at St Anthony’s, Farnham Royal, Slough on Saturday, 2nd October.
Please do keep these men in your prayers and keep up your prayers for vocations.
ENTERTAINING ANGELS: BECOMING A TRULY WELCOMING CHURCH The Pastoral Ministry Advisor for the Diocese is inviting participants to explore what it means to be a really hospitable community. The second of these workshops takes place on Saturday, 12th June 10.30am-12noon. Visit https://pastoralministryoffice.org/event/entertaining-angels/ for more information.
DIOCESAN LITURGY COMMISSION All Lay Eucharistic Ministers are especially invited to a HOLY HOUR to celebrate Eucharistic Ministry at 3.00pm on 6th June, Corpus Christi Sunday, at the Cathedral. We are all aware that Covid restrictions have greatly reduced their possibility to serve both at the altar and for the sick and housebound. This is an opportunity for them to reflect on their service and to be ready to offer themselves again as we move forward. The service will be livestreamed and open for people to attend in person.
“THE DAY OF THE LORD”: REFLECTION FROM CATHOLIC BISHOPS OF ENGLAND & WALES
Following the phased relaxation of Covid restrictions by the UK government, the Bishops of England and Wales have in their recent reflection titled: “The Day of The Lord,” paid tribute to parishioners and priests who have looked after one another, especially the poor and vulnerable, and kept the Church going during the past trying months. The Bishops are also encouraging parishioners, without making it “obligatory,” to return to Mass in the coming months. Copies of the full reflection are available at the back of Church. However, it is important we continue to follow Government rules and guidance. Thank you for your continued vigilance. Stay safe.
CBCEW reflection: The Day of the Lord
ST VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS The St Vincent de Paul Society (England & Wales) is part of an international Christian voluntary network dedicated to tackling poverty in all its forms by providing practical assistance to people in need. Members, motivated by their faith, visit vulnerable or isolated people across England and Wales and offer them friendship and practical support. The essence of their work is person-to-person contact and spending time with people is their greatest gift. During this time of pandemic, their work has been more valuable than ever.
Despite not being able to carry out personal visits, they have continued to contact people by phone and have been particularly concerned for the mental well-being of those in need. We have merged the existing SVP Groups from each Parish within the Slough Pastoral Area to create one Slough Conference and are looking for volunteers who would be interested in joining to help those in need in our Parish and the surrounding areas. If you feel you could help with this very worthy cause or would like some more information, please contact the Parish office by email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org.
WITH CURRENT GOVERNMENT RULES: PLEASE REMEMBER there is no duty or responsibility to come to Church, and there is NO obligation to attend Mass on Sunday, If you are feeling unwell please do not attend mass – stay at home.
STAYING ALERT is critical as we continue to follow Government rules and guidance. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764. Thank you for your continued vigilance. Stay safe.
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne has returned to her duties as Parish Secretary, albeit working from home for two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, until further notice. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER A COPY OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered, please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
FEELING ISOLATED? We realise there are many parishioners who are not on our data base who may be feeling isolated from the Parish because they hear nothing from us. To enable us to reach out and find out where people live and how they are managing, we are making a plea for Parishioners to contact people – via telephone or from a 2m distance wearing a mask, who have no access to the internet and encourage them to provide a telephone number to allow us to check on how they are. If you know of any parishioner please let Yvonne know, either via email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the office on 01628 605764.
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Shaggy Calf Lane, Slough, SL2 5HW. Tel: 01753 524713. An equal opportunities employer. Required to start in July 2021: OFFICE MANAGER/ADMISSIONS/SIMS. 37 hours per week, term time + Insets + 10 days. Level 6 SCP 25 Actual salary £27,528. Please see our website for further details and an application pack at: www.st-josephs.slough.sch.uk
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL Require a Premises Assistant. Start date 5th July 2021. We are looking for a Premises Assistant to work on a split shift system from July 2021. Monday – Thursday 6.00am – 2.00pm and Friday 6.00am – 1.30pm with half an hour break (unpaid) and Monday – Thursday 11.00am -7.00pm and Friday 11.30am – 7.00pm with half an hour break (unpaid). Salary Level 4 SCP 11 – £22,646 – full time (37 hours per week) all year round with 30 days annual leave to be taken during school closure. Please see our website at www.st-josephs.slough.sch.uk for more details and an application pack.
RESUMPTION OF MONDAY MASSES WITH THE CONGREGATION Parishioners are now welcome to physically attend Monday Masses in the parish. Live-streaming service will still be available for those who are not able to come physically to Church.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for items for the printed bulletin is Thursday 12 noon.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Restrictions apply on number of attendances at Baptism, funerals, and marriage.
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Youtube
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
June 5th – June 13th
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Join Live streaming of Masses on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
June 5th – June 13th
|Saturday 5th June | THE MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST|
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Kenn-Ryan Kouadio-Amalaman exam success; Leela’s Intention (Rosary Group)
|Sunday 6th June | THE MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Dominic & Isabel McGlynn RIP (Kuthokathen); Stewards & Livestream team (Rosary Group); Karen Cropper RIP (Bowron)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Puthampurakkal & Fernandes RIP (Fernandes); People of the Parish
|Monday 7th June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Anne McCarthy RIP (Barry); Zoltan Torok RIP (Cafferty)
|Tuesday 8th June|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – For the conversion of Hearts of the ‘Indifferent’ (Rosary Group); Leon Zbikowski RIP (Tkaczcyk)
|Thursday 10th June|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Anne Gurrie RIP (SVP); Priti Bodoni Int. (P&C); Patsy Intentions (Cafferty)
11.15am Our Lady of Peace LS – Requiem Mass for Zoltan Torok RIP
|Friday 11th June | THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS– Confirmation Candidates, Parents, Grandparents and Godparents (Rosary Group); Adriana Torok Intentions (Janot)
|Saturday 12th June | THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY|
10.00am Our Lady of Peace LS
Saturday 12th June | ELEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR
Mass Readings (Year B)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Special Intention (Conroy); Clarry & Winifred Murphy and Jack & Daphne Lavender RIP (P&C)
|Sunday 13th June | ELEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS– John Hayes RIP (Barry); Matt Devereux Intentions (Rosary Group); Immigrants who died in the Mediterranean Sea (Rosary Group); Synatra Alexann Thong Intentions (Vas);
11.30am St Andrew’s – Thanksgiving for Grandson Lucas (Zeena); Matthew Simao RIP & Alex Dias Int. (Fernandes); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE