PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION (YEAR B)
Holy Week 2021
EASTER TRIDUUM SERVICES SCHEDULE FOR OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S CATHOLIC CHURCHES (Please ensure that you check the Bulletin each week in case of last minute changes) (Updated: 28/3/2021)
|Date||Service||Time, Church||Booking Required/Status|
|1st April||Maundy Thursday||7:00pm, St Andrew’s||No|
|1st April||Maundy Thursday||8:00pm, OLP||No|
|2nd April||Good Friday||3:00pm, OLP||Fully Booked|
|2nd April||Good Friday||3:00pm, St Andrew’s||Fully Booked|
|3rd April||Saturday Vigil||7:00pm, St Andrew’s||No|
|3rd April||Saturday Vigil||8:00pm, OLP||No|
|4th April||Easter Sunday||8:00am, OLP||Yes, Seats Available|
|4th April||Easter Sunday||10:00am, OLP||Fully Booked|
|4th April||Easter Sunday||11:30am, St Andrew’s||Fully Booked|
Bookings can be made by email or by phone. Please state how many seats you would like to book and for which service:
Telephone: 07869 932 246
Opening date for bookings: Sunday, 14th March.
Closing date for bookings: Tuesday, 30th March.
Also be kind enough to let us know if you decide to cancel your booking.
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne has returned to her duties as Parish Secretary, albeit working from home for two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, until further notice. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
EASTER OFFERING Your Easter offering is your personal gift to your Parish Priest. There will be a retiring collection held on Holy Thursday for the work of the poor, and on Good Friday for the Holy Land Places. You can make your Easter offerings using the online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to i.e. Easter offering. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: https://northamptondiocese.org/donate/
EASTER SERVICES WITH THE BISHOP For those who cannot be present in Parish Churches, you are encouraged to follow the Liturgy of the Bishop in the Cathedral “as a sign of unity”, the times are as follows: Palm Sunday : 11.00am. Holy Thursday : 7.00pm. Good Friday : 3.00pm. Holy Saturday : 7.00pm. Easter Sunday : 11.00am. www.northamptoncathedral.org
CONGRATULATIONS to Rev Andrew Coy who was Ordained Priest in Northampton Cathedral on Thursday, 25th March. Fr Andrew is assigned to the Cathedral. Please keep Fr Andrew in your Prayers.
WITH CURRENT GOVERNMENT RULES Please remember there is no duty or responsibility to come to Church, and there is no obligation to attend Mass on Sunday. If you are feeling unwell please do not attend mass – stay at home. Staying alert is critical we as continue to follow Government rules and guidance. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety. Thank you for your continued vigilance. Stay safe.
BULLETIN the Bulletin for next weekend 3rd – 4th April will be for two weeks. If you require any notices to be included please email Yvonne on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or drop in the Presbytery door. Deadline for notices is Thursday, 15th April by 12 noon.
LIVE MASS ON THE RADIO For those unable to follow via livestreaming, Mass is available on a new Catholic station on DAB Digital Radio. If your radio receives DAB+ stations select ‘Radio Maria Eng’ (DAB band 12A 223.936 MHz), or listen online https://radiomariaengland.uk.
FEELING ISOLATED? We realise there are many parishioners who are not on our data base who may be feeling isolated from the Parish because they hear nothing from us. To enable us to reach out and find out where people live and how they are managing, we are making a plea for Parishioners to contact people – via telephone or from a 2m distance wearing a mask, who have no access to the internet and encourage them to provide a telephone number to allow us to check on how they are. If you know of any parishioner please let Yvonne know, either via email office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the office on 01628 605764.
A PARISHIONER HAS VERY KINDLY OFFERED TO PRINT AND DELIVER A COPY OF OUR WEEKLY BULLETIN to those unable to attend Mass each week, this would only be posted through the letterbox. If you know of anyone who would like a copy delivered please contact Yvonne via email or contact the Parish office on 01628 605764. Please obtain the permission of the Parishioner to provide their address to Yvonne.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for items for the printed bulletin is Thursday 12 noon.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Restrictions apply on number of attendances at Baptism, funerals, and marriage.
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
FINANCES We are extremely grateful, not only for your financial support, but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses.
Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough or Parish Priest’s Easter offering.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
March 27th – April 4th
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
Please note that the Monday 9.30am Mass is private and therefore livestream only.
Join Live streaming of Masses on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
March 27th – April 4th
|Saturday 27th March | PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION|
Mass Readings (year B)
4.00pm – 5.30pm Our Lady of Peace – Confessions (To make an appointment for confession please ring 01628 605764.)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Anthony Cafferty RIP (Cafferty); Joe & Margaret Haire Intentions; Mick Gilgallon RIP (O’Donnell)
|Sunday 28th March | PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’S PASSION|
Mass Readings (year B)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace B, LS – Kieron Int. & Deceased relatives (Rosary Group); Kathy Morse RIP (Bamber); Helen Hutchinson RIP (4th Anniv.)(Payne)
11.30am St Andrew’s B – Vera Keaveney RIP & Deceased family members (Rafter); People of the Parish
|Monday 29th March|
9.30am Livestreamed only – Rose & Bill Brophy RIP (Rosary Group); Everard Family Intentions (O’Donnell)
|Tuesday 30th March|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace LS – Conversion of indifferent hearts (Rosary Group); The Rosary Group (Kempson); Roseline Mubo Oyebani RIP
|Thursday 1st April | HOLY THURSDAY|
Mass Readings | View the Mass Booklet
7.00pm St Andrew’s – Joanna Intentions (Heys)
8.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – People of the Parish
|Friday 2nd April | GOOD FRIDAY PASSION OF THE LORD|
Mass Readings | View the Mass Booklet
3.00pm Our Lady of Peace FB, LS – Good Friday Liturgy
3.00pm St Andrew’s FB – Good Friday Liturgy
|Saturday 3rd April | HOLY SATURDAY|
Mass Readings (Easter Vigil) | View the Mass Booklet
7.00pm St Andrew’s – John Callaghan RIP (Cafferty)
8.00pm Our Lady of Peace LS – Josie Walsh and Joe & Carmel Intentions (P&C)
|Sunday 4th April | EASTER SUNDAY|
Mass Readings (go to ‘Mass of the Day’) | View the Mass Booklet
8.00am Our Lady of Peace B – Fr Joseph & MSP and Fr Ekpedeme Ekpe
10.00am Our Lady of Peace FB, LS – Michael O’Connor RIP (Brid & Mairin); Uruvath Kuthokathen RIP (Kuthokathen)
11.30am St Andrew’s FB – Mary Harris RIP & Josie Walsh Int. (Cafferty); People of the Parish
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE