THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (YEAR B)
Go to: Notices | Public Mass Downloads | Parish Donations | Masses & Intentions | Our Facebook Page | Our Youtube Channel
FR TONY is looking after the Parish whilst Fr Joseph is taking a well earned break visiting family in Nigeria. Please feel free to email or phone the Parish office with any enquiries.
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne has returned to her duties as Parish Secretary, albeit working from home for two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, until further notice. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or you can telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
DECEASED Funerals will be strictly private due to a maximum of 30 people attending, the Masses will be livestreamed. Details are as follows:
- MIKE CONNOLLY RIP Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mike Connolly RIP, who died suddenly on 2nd January, his Requiem Mass will be STRICTLY PRIVATE and will be livestreamed on Tuesday, 26th January at 10.00am in Our Lady of Peace, followed by burial at Slough Cemetery.
- ONOFRIO CALTAGIRONE RIP Please pray for the repose of the soul of Onofrio Caltagirone RIP, who died on 2nd January, his Requiem Mass will be STRICTLY PRIVATE and will be livestreamed on Wednesday, 27th January at 10.30am in Our Lady of Peace, followed by burial at Braywick Cemetery.
May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace, Amen.
MASS CHANGES In this current situation which has deteriorated alarmingly in recent weeks, it is our responsibility to ensure that our Parishioners are kept safe, together with our Stewards. The number of people attending Masses is understandably reducing each week, as a further step to keep everybody safe we have taken the decision to reduce the number of Public Masses offered during the week.
Please note that the 10.00am Saturday Mass, (for the vulnerable), has been removed as vulnerable people should be shielding and staying at home. The Monday 9.30am Mass has also been removed. Please note there will be NO MASS AT 9.30AM ON TUESDAY, 26TH JANUARY due to the Requiem Mass for Mike Connolly RIP taking place at 10.00am. The Mass will be Strictly Private and livestreamed. Please see revised schedule:
9.30am in Our Lady of Peace – Normal Public Mass (Livestreamed online)
11.30am in St Andrew’s – Normal Public Mass (No livestream)
9.30am in Our Lady of Peace – Private Mass. (Livestream only)
10.00am in Our Lady of Peace – PRIVATE FUNERAL MASS (Livestreamed)
10.30am in Our Lady of Peace – PRIVATE FUNERAL MASS (Livestreamed)
9.30am in St Andrew’s – Normal Public Mass (No livestream)
9.30am in Our Lady of Peace – Normal Public Mass (Livestreamed)
6.00pm in Our Lady of Peace – Normal Public Mass (No livestream)
WITH CURRENT GOVERNMENT RULES More than ever we must take every precaution to ensure that we are all following Government rules by staying at home ensuring that contact with others is strictly ‘essential’ only. Remember there is no duty or responsibility to come to Church, and there is no obligation to attend Mass on Sunday.
STAYING ALERT As we enter this phase of the pandemic, it is critical we continue to follow Government rules and guidance. Please remember if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home. If you tested positive for COVID-19 and were in Church recently, stay at home and inform us immediately by calling 01628 605764 so that we can take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety.
CURRENT GOVERNMENT RULES advise that Funerals are allowed with strict limits on attendance, and must only take place in COVID-19 secure venues or in public outdoor spaces, unless in exceptional circumstances. Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people. Details of those attending must be provided to Yvonne before the date of the funeral.
Thank you for your continued vigilance and please God, we will see the vaccine rollout soon, but in the meantime, stay safe.
LIVE MASS ON THE RADIO For those unable to follow via livestreaming, Mass is available on a new Catholic station on DAB Digital Radio. If you have a radio that receives DAB+ stations, select ‘Radio Maria England’ (DAB band 12A 223.936 MHz), or listen online https://radiomariaengland.uk.
LISTENING EAR SESSIONS Jaga Heys is offering again (as in the 1st lockdown) 20 minute, free ‘listening ear’ sessions to our parishioners and their families or friends. If you or someone you know would benefit from talking to an empathic, non-judgemental listener, then please text or phone Jaga on 07508 773107, to arrange a remote appointment (Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp or telephone).
LUX VALOUR On Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st January, we can all come together online for LUX.Valour! During our LUX.Valour weekend, we will be exploring what it means to be a young person of great bravery. How we can walk into the unknown of this New Year, confident that we are “not given a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power.” 2 Timothy 1:7. Although we will be online for our Lux.Valour weekend, there will still be amazing talks, fun small groups, moving times of prayer, ridiculous games and a theme night and all completely free! If any young people (aged 11-18) think you would enjoy joining, please go to the following website and complete the form on the website.
FACE MASKS Many thanks to all who have donated disposable face masks. We remind you that proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of services.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box in the Church or give it to Fr Anthony. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
- Restrictions apply on number of attendances at Baptism, funerals, and marriage.
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the Church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after Mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org).
Thank you for your cooperation and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for items for the printed bulletin is Thursday 12 noon.
Tony McNiff, the new Chief Operating Officer, COO of the Diocese, who is head of Finance and Development offices of the diocese has written to introduce himself and to thank you for your contributions. He is appealing on behalf of the diocese for your ongoing financial support. His letter also gives update on the sad financial impact of the COVID 19 on diocesan income, with loses for 6 months up to September 2020 amounting to £1.7m and our parish losing 55% of parish income for the same period. Full text of Tony’s letter is available in the Church and on the parish website.
We are ever so grateful for your financial support, and to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to open again for Masses and for private prayer.
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough or Parish Priest’s Easter offering.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
January 23rd – January 31st
Sunday Readings: Year B
Weekday Readings: Cycle I
N.B. Changes and new events are in bold text.
Please note that the 10.00am Saturday Mass, (for the vulnerable), has been removed as vulnerable people should be shielding and staying at home. The Monday 9.30am Mass has also been removed.
Please note there will be NO MASS AT 9.30AM ON TUESDAY, 26TH JANUARY due to the Requiem Mass for Mike Connolly RIP taking place at 10.00am, this Mass will be Strictly Private and livestreamed.
Join Live streaming of Masses (listed below with an asterisk) on
Facebook: ourladyofpeacecatholicchurchburnham and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegtpwudlmz48G-m3gPNy4Q
January 23rd – January 31st
|Saturday 23rd January | THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Rita Mackay Intentions (Shiels); Tony Spano RIP (P & C)
|Sunday 24th January | THIRD SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace* – Con O’Keefe & Martin Keaveney RIP (Conroy)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Kathleen Kerrigan RIP (Anniversary) (Kerrigan), Peter Vaz RIP (Almeida); People of the Parish
|Monday 25th January | CONVERSION OF ST PAUL|
9.30am Livestreamed only – Susan Gallagher Int; Ronald Wakefield RIP (Rosary Group); Ann Shiels Intentions (Gatt); John & Charley Ward Intentions
|Tuesday 26th January | SS TIMOTHY AND TITUS, Bishops|
10.00am Livestreamed – PRIVATE REQUIEM MASS for Mike Connolly RIP
|Wednesday 27th January|
10.30am Livestreamed – PRIVATE REQUIEM MASS for Onofrio Caltagirone RIP
|Thursday 28th January | ST THOMAS AQUINAS, Priest & Doctor of the Church|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Millie Fernandez & St Joseph’s School Intentions (Gatt)
|Friday 29th January|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace* – Deceased Davies family (Stewart); Joy Guggiari (Boundy)
|Saturday 30th January | FOURTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Dansie & May O’Mahony RIP (O’Donnell); Michele Di Gangi RIP (Rosary Group); Julia Murphy, Marie Chamberlain and Clarry & Winifred Murphy RIP
|Sunday 31st January | FOURTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Sean & Fidelma Gallagher Intentions; Charlie & Alice O’Neill RIP (Flannery)
11.30am St Andrew’s – Michele Di Gangi RIP (Boundy); Mike Connolly RIP (Cafferty); People of the Parish
* Mass livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube.
Liturgy Office resources:
Calendar notes for 2021 (PDF)
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE