THIRTIETH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME (YEAR A)
PARISH OFFICE Yvonne has returned to her duties as Parish Secretary, albeit working from home. Yvonne will be working two days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 2.00pm, until further notice. For all Parish matters please contact Yvonne via email on office.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org, or Fr Joseph via email on frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org or telephone the Parish office on 01628 605764 and leave a message.
CONFIRMATION Welcome to Bishop David who is to Confirm our beloved young people this Sunday. Congratulations to Gavin, Gino, Alfred, Aiden, Jayson, Luke, Theo, Wiktoria, Felix, Connor, Charlotte, Ava, Kilian and Rhys our Confirmation candidates. Thank you to our dedicated Catechists and parents who have made this possible.
ROSARY WHIRLWIND – BRITISH ISLE FOR FAITH, LIFE AND PEACE: SAT OCT 31ST The Parish will take part in the national Rosary Relay, which Fr Joe will lead at 9.30am on Saturday October 31st in OLP. You can join physically or virtually through our live streaming service. Also following the beatification of Carlo Acutis, Pope Francis is specially inviting young people to look to the Italian teenager as a model of holiness. He also urges Catholics, especially young people, to take part in a Rosary campaign led by Aid to the Church in Need on this coming Sunday: https://acninternational.org/millionkidspraying/en/
HOLY SOULS ENVELOPES These are now available in the Church porches. Please write the names of your dear ones and put in the envelope with your offering. The envelopes can be returned with the usual collection or put them through the letter box at the Presbytery. Your dear ones will be remembered at all the Masses for the Holy Souls offered during November.
BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE As in previous years, the Book of Remembrance will be kept in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel during November. Please do not write in the book.
SECOND COLLECTION for Bishop’s Maintenance Fund next weekend.
DONATION OF MASKS We would welcome donation of disposable masks. We also encourage worshippers to bring their own mask or face covering.
VISIT TO THOSE SHIELDING, SICK AND HOUSEBOUND Fr Joseph would like to visit those shielding, the sick and housebound and would appreciate any information about those who might require a visit.
PARISH ONLINE PRAYER SERVICE A dedicated email has been set up for you to send prayer requests. The email address is: prayerministry.ourladyofpeace[AT]northamptondiocese.org Meanwhile, let us continue to support and pray for one another in the parish.
MASS BOOKING Kindly drop off your intentions at the Presbytery, place it in the donation box or basket in the Church or give it to Fr Joseph. You can still make a request for Masses by email and telephone.
BAPTISM & MARRIAGE On request.
CONFESSION Confessions will be held at 5.15pm on Saturday in Our Lady of Peace and on request.
RESUMPTION OF PUBLIC LITURGIES AT OUR LADY OF PEACE AND ST ANDREW’S
It has been exceptionally good having Parishioners back in Church for Mass these past sixteen weeks. Thank you to our amazing volunteers who have made this possible. However, as we are now in Tier 2, due to increasing cases of Covid-19, we all need to do our best for the safety of everyone. With that in mind, below is a reminder of some of the measures we have in place at OLP and St Andrews which we need to follow if we have to keep our Churches open for worship.
- Restrictions apply on number of attendances at baptism, funeral, and marriage.
- Proper face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth before entering the church and throughout the duration of Mass and services.
- Please provide contact details on entry. We have a number of methods (QR code, form or tick list). The NHS QR App can be found via this link: https://covid19.nhs.uk/.
- After Mass, please stay seated until a Steward advises when you can safely leave.
- To light a candle after mass, please wait until others have left and advise a Steward.
- Doors will remain open for proper ventilation – do wrap up well before coming to Mass.
- Please avoid congregating in the car park in groups – in line with Government guidance.
- If you need to speak to Fr Joseph please contact the office by phone or email to set up a time: Phone (01628 605764). E-mail (frjosephudoh[AT]northamptondiocese.org)
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED As people return to work, we now have a shortfall of Stewards. If you can spare some time (especially at weekends) to volunteer as a Steward, your help would be very much appreciated. Training will be provided. To volunteer, contact Fr Joe or speak to any steward on duty.
|Day||Location||Time||Who can attend|
|Sat||Our Lady of Peace||10.00am||Specifically for the elderly and those who need to take extra care, but who are permitted outside of the home.|
|Sat||Our Lady of Peace||6.00pm||Anyone|
|Sun||Our Lady of Peace||9.30am||Anyone|
If you are concerned about anything, please do not hesitate to contact the Parish office. In the meantime, please feel free to come for private prayers at the times and dates shown below (No private prayer schedule at St Andrew’s):
Private Prayer Sessions (N.B. revised schedule)
|Monday||Our Lady of Peace||7.00pm*||8.00pm|
|Tuesday||Our Lady of Peace||10.15am||12noon|
A donation box is available in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory envelopes, donations, etc.
Many thanks and God bless.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Please read Attending Mass After Lockdown: Your Questions Answered.
Public Mass Downloads:
GOOD COUNSEL NETWORK Tuesday, 27th October is the 53rd anniversary of the Abortion Act being passed in England and Wales. Since 1967 over nine million babies have lost their lives to abortion. Millions of women and men have also had to deal with the suffering which so often follows an abortion. Please join us in praying and fasting for the end of abortion in this country on Tuesday, 27th October. For Post Abortion help and to support Pro-Life counselling see; GoodCounselNetwork.com Please invite your friends and Family to join us via this Facebook event: facebook.com/events/2739924072936969
RED BOXES. This year’s liturgical calendar, by special arrangement, will be sent to all Red Box holders direct from the printers. The present crippling crisis means I cannot distribute the replacement well washed Boxes I prepared last February. Please do use a jam jar or similar until the present circumstances change in our favour. Thank you, – John.
SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION FOR NEXT YEAR Information on when registration will open for First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion and Confirmation will be made available from November 2020.
LET IT BE! PARISH ONLINE COURSE ON MARY continues next Wednesday from 7.30pm. To register and receive your Zoom invite, please email Bob on bobyrant144[AT]gmail.com.
MARY IN THE BIBLE: BIBLICAL ANSWERS TO SOME QUESTIONS This recent publication on Mary by Rev Fr (Prof) Anthony Umoren, MSP covers most questions whose answers every believer and non-believer alike ought to know about Mary and it’s a must read. It is available in the parish for £11.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE PARISH WEBSITE OR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER can be sent to Yvonne. Items on paper and print are also accepted and can be given to Yvonne or Fr Joseph, or delivered to the Presbytery. The deadline for items for the printed bulletin is Thursday 12 noon.
FINANCES We are extremely grateful not only for your financially support but also to the volunteers who help in so many ways for the Church to remain open for Masses and for private prayer. Your valued ongoing support to the Parish can also be made through the following options:
- Donating by phone: ‘Giving Tuesday’ – Telephone Donation In addition to the online donation facilities currently available, the Diocese has begun a ‘Giving Tuesday’. Each Tuesday between 10:00am and 4:00pm, you can call this number, 01604 712065, and donate to your parish.
- Online Donation We have an online donation facility on our main Diocesan website through Virgin Money giving (link below). If you use this option, we ask that you please indicate in the notes section which parish, including the parish name that you would like your donation to be attributed to. Please note that there is the facility to Gift Aid any donation to your Parish: northamptondiocese.org/donate/
- Standing Order via donor’s own bank: You can set up a standing order for donations to your parish using either your online bank account or in branch. You can also make a one-off payment to the parish. The information required to make the donation is as follows:
Sort Code; 60-06-11.
Account Name; 46716203. Account Name; RCDN Our Lady of Peace.
Payment Ref: Our Lady of Peace, Slough or Parish Priest’s Easter offering.
- Standing Order using the form: https://northamptondiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/GAD-general-June-18-v2-revision.pdf You can complete the standing order form for donations to your parish with the option to Gift Aid. Please indicate on this form if you are not a tax payer but would like to set up a standing order only.
There are two sides/sheets to this form, it should be printed, completed, signed and returned to our Parish office, we will then forward to central offices at Bishop’s House for processing at a later date. Please remember to state which parish this standing is for i.e. ‘For the benefit of Our Lady of Peace, Slough Parish’ section at the top of the form. Banks will require 7 working days from receipt of these forms to activate the request so please ensure the start date reflects this 7 day period to ensure the S.O. can take effect.
- There is also a donation box in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory, donations, etc.
Thank you for any help you are able to give and God bless. Fr Joseph
- Diocese News
- Diocese Twitter page (includes the Bishop’s weekly engagements)
- The Vine (Journal of the Diocese of Northampton)
- Diocese of Northampton Flickr photo albums
- News from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Videos on Vimeo from the Catholic Church in England & Wales
- Catholic Church in England & Wales Flickr photo albums
- News from the Vatican (in English)
Masses & Intentions
Times for Private Prayers
October 24th – November 1st
Sunday Readings: Year A
Weekday Readings: Cycle II
Week 30 in Ordinary Time
N.B. Changes and new events are in bold text.
As numbers returning to worship increases, it is necessary to restrict attendance to one Mass per week.
CONFESSION: 5.15pm on Saturday at Our Lady of Peace and on request.
October 24th – November 1st
|Saturday, 24th October | THIRTIETH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year A)
🔷 10.00am Our Lady of Peace – Catherin Hennessy RIP (Florence); John Ward (Ward family)
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Yvonne & Des Int (Cafferty); Padraig Barker RIP (Barker) (Anniversary); Frank Stewart RIP (Stewart); Maureen Murphy RIP (Murphy)
|Sunday, 25th October | THIRTIETH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR|
Mass Readings (Year A)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Young People (Rosary Group);
Confirmation Candidates (Rosary Group); Michael O’Connor, RIP (Yvonne & Denise); People of the Parish
11.30am St Andrew’s – Yvonne & Des Intentions (Shiels); Joanna Subrai
2.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Confirmation Mass: Please only attend if you are invited by the family as part of the quota allocated to them.
|Monday, 26th October|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Anne Morrissey Family Intentions (Rosary Group); Marie Oke Birthday Intentions (Gatt)
7.00pm-8.00pm Our Lady of Peace – open for private prayer + Monday prayer group
|Tuesday, 27th October|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Mann (Foundation); Fr Edmund Okami Intentions (Rosary Group)
10.15pm-12noon Our Lady of Peace – open for private prayer
|Thursday, 29th October|
9.30am St Andrew’s – Bill Spells RIP (Whitehouse); Baptism Maria Rawling (Rawling)
|Friday, 30th October|
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Chief Salami Agbaje RIP (Edward); Edward Agbaje Intentions (Rosary Group)
|Saturday, 31st October | ALL SAINTS|
Mass Readings (Year A)
🔷 10.00am Our Lady of Peace – Kitty Keaveney RIP (Griffin); Michael O’Connor; RIP (Rosary Group); Shade Oyebanji & Family Intentions
6.00pm Our Lady of Peace – Elizabeth Ryan Intentions (Vaughan); Maureen Murphy RIP (Murphy)
|Sunday, 1st November | ALL SAINTS|
Mass Readings (Year A)
9.30am Our Lady of Peace – Sidikatu Abomide RIP (3rd Anniversary) (Mutesi); Helena Harris RIP (Griffin); Ronald Deans, RIP (Ali); People of the Parish
11.30am St Andrew’s – Fernandez & Antao RIP (Millie); Holy Souls
🔷 Public Mass intended for the elderly and those who need to take extra care, but who are permitted outside of the home.
❌ Mass offered privately
Our Lady of Peace Church – Lower Britwell Road, Burnham | SL2 2NL
St Andrew’s – Elmshott La/Washington Drive, Cippenham, Berks | SL1 5RE