**Please share this information with fellow parishioners by copying and sharing the link below, or print off a PDF of this page (also below) for those who are not online.**
I am delighted to announce the resumption of Masses at Our Lady of Peace and St Andrew’s churches, in line with the Prime Minister’s recent announcement and with the support of Bishop David. While this is welcome news indeed, as you would expect, we will have measures in place to ensure we are keeping everyone as safe as we possibly can.
We have decided to begin with our first three Masses taking place on:
Saturday 4th July at 6:00pm – OLP
Sunday 5th July at 9:30am – OLP
Sunday 5th July at 11.30am – St Andrew’s
After that, as long as we recruit more volunteers to help Masses will continue as follows:
Weekend Masses –
Saturday 11th July onward
|Day & Time||Location||Who can attend|
|Our Lady of Peace||Specifically for the elderly and those who need to take extra care, but who are permitted outside of the home.|
|Our Lady of Peace||Anyone|
|Our Lady of Peace||Anyone|
- Saturday morning Mass is reserved for parishioners needing to take extra caution.
- If you are currently in the ‘at risk’ or ‘shielding’ categories you should follow government guidelines, and continue to participate via our Mass live streams on Facebook and YouTube.
- Dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation is still in place if you feel uncomfortable or if you cannot attend in person.
Attending Mass in person:
Doors will be open 30 minutes before Mass. Please arrive much earlier than normal so we can follow these important safety measures:
- On arrival, please wait outside – keep 2 metres apart from non-family members – until a steward calls you in.
- Masks or face covering must be worn – we can provide if you forget to bring your own.
- Your temperature will be taken by a steward.
- Please bring your name and telephone number on a piece of paper. We will keep these safely for 2 weeks should we need to conduct contact tracing.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands upon entering the church.
- A steward will guide you to your seat.
- Once we have reached maximum capacity, unfortunately we will have to ask you to attend at another time.
- All other instructions will be provided at the beginning and throughout each service as necessary.
- It is important to note that live streaming of daily Masses from Our Lady of Peace will continue as usual for those who feel they cannot attend in person.
- Please also ensure that you limit attendance to one of these scheduled weekend Masses so we can accommodate as many as possible in safety.
- I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the church and to another step back to normality. In the meantime, please feel free to come for private prayers at the times and dates shown below:
Private Prayer Sessions
|Tues||Our Lady of Peace||10.00am||1.00pm|
|Thurs||Our Lady of Peace||6.00pm||8.00pm|
A donation box is available in Our Lady of Peace for Mass intentions, offertory envelopes, donations, etc.
Can You Volunteer?
We could still do with more volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, or if you would like to know more (the roles are described here), please contact Barbara Bryant on 07881 460024 or Brid Vaughan on 07540 013181. For obvious reasons, volunteers must not be those in the ‘at risk’ category.
Many thanks and God bless.